• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Forum Upgrade - Please Read

Snowbaby

<
guys,

Invision have officially released the 2.2 version of the forum software. I plan to run the upgrade just now.... all going well you shouldn't notice any interruptions, but if you do, you will know why!!

Thanks,

Snowy
<

Werbung:
Ok guys,

You have probably noticed the forum has been offline all last night, and all of today. This was due to a technical error which the hosting has now fixed for us, thank goodness!!

The forum has been upgraded successfully.

There are many new features which I will list in a further post here. I just wanted to post to say thanks for your patience.

There is currently no shoutbox, blogs, arcade, and no mods for the online user groups legend, who has visited today etc. This is because these are currently being/have just been upgraded to support the new version of Invision Power Board. I will re-add these when I know they are safe to do so - again I'd appreciate your patience with this.

If anyone has any questions or is experiencing problems whilst using the board, please let me know so that I can address these and fix them.

Many thanks,

Snowy
<

p.s. there is also only the default IPB skin, as I need to try and upgrade the skins we have.... could be a long tedious task!!!

Norty *NaKeE* GP!
<

p.s. I know I've still to post about the features of the new software - will do it this afternoon as we've got a hospital appointment this morning. Sorry for delay.

<
guys!

Ok, I've upgraded our default pink skin, so GP is now back to her normal colour! I'll try to upgrade the skins I made (blueness, magical mystery, etc) but I will not be able to upgrade the imported ones (desert, golden wine, etc) as these are copyrighted, and I'll only be able to put them back on if the creators upgrade them.

The new features of the upgraded software:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
New Features in Invision Power Board 2.2

Invision Power Board 2.2 contains a huge selection of new features ranging from low-end code improvements to new features designed to enhance your community involvement. New features include:

Personal Profile Portal
Invision Power Board 2.2.0 has a totally redesigned portal page with the following features:

* Friends list - manage your friends for easier PMing, to see if your friends are currently online and display your friends on your profile
* Profile comments - allow visitors to leave comments on your profile. You can set to moderate all new comments before they're shown.
* Recent visitors - recent visitors are shown on your profile.
* Your content - show your recent posts / blog entries / gallery uploads on your profile
* Personal statement - add a short bio for others to read
* Member rating - rate other members
* Set your gender
* Easy access to edit your location, age and IM details

Note that you can optionally switch back to the old "classic" profile view in the ACP.

New Text Editor
New Style
The text editors, both standard and rich text (WYSIWYG) have been completely rewritten to make them more intuitive and faster to load. Clutter has been reduced with the new dynamic menus.

Switch
You can now switch between the rich text editor and the standard editor without the need to reload the page or visit your User Control Panel.

New Attachment System
Upload without the reload
IPB 2.2 has a new attachment system that enables one to upload attachments without having to reload the post screen. The new attachment area is directly below the text editor.

New Style
The attachment system has had a complete overhaul and is now styled along side the new text editor

This has been taken from the Invision Power Forums.

If anyone has any problems using or viewing the board, please let me know... afterall I can't fix it if I don't know about it!!

Thanks again!!

Snowy
<
[/b]

How about a Christmas skin instead!!

Christmas Skin has been created and is now ready for using - scroll to the bottom left of any page and click on the drop down menu, choose "christmas" from the list, and voila!! Done!!

Enjoy!
<

Werbung:
Back