• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Feeling pressured to go out?

Gabriellea

I hate feeling pressured to go out when it's a) somewhere I don't want to go, b) I can't justify spending the money, and c) some of the people going are not people I like to be around.

I used to go for the sake of it, then just was so miserable and annoyed and resented spending money on something I didn't want, that I stopped hanging out with people who pressurized me.

Friends should respect you if you can't afford it, or you just don't feel like going out shouldn't they?

Werbung:
Agree with you.

If an invitation comes and I can't go / don't feel like going (for whatever reasons), I would simply turn down the invitation. Sometimes they will probe and I'll just tell them I have something on.

Mutual respect is key to maintaining any friendships.

Werbung:
I agree that mutual respect is key in good relationships. I know sometimes friends just try to "nudge" if they think we aren't getting out enough or whatever, but sometimes, it's too much and does feel like pressure. You just have to learn to say no. They have to learn to take no for an answer.

Back