• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do You Believe in Soulmates?

SEA81

I dated a guy from 2002 to 2005, and I swear we were the best match. Everyone was always telling us that we were so perfect for each other, and we both felt the same way. I think we would have gotten married if both of us didn't suffer from a huge fear of commitment. We ended up growing apart because of work and getting so caught up in our own lives and actually both started seeing other people before we officially broke up. In other words, both of us handled it pretty poorly, and it was really no one's fault. We stayed great friends through the years, though in recent years it's been harder, because I think we both realize that miss what we had.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about him lately, and it's making me question if there really is a soulmate - the one person you are meant to be with. I'm beginning to think there is one guy (or girl) out there for all of us. You may or may not ever end up with them, but... what do you think? Is there one person who you believe is your soulmate? Is it your current partner or someone you gave up a long time ago?

Werbung:
Yes, I do believe in soulmates as I met mine in 2001. It changes you forever. And even though we are not together right now...I will always love him in a special way. It is like meeting 'the right fit' that you can communicate telepathically with. Unreal...but so real.

If you are thinking about him - reach out. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. All the best. Love finds a way.

I believe that we can really meet some people who seems to be close to us already as well as those we feel not comfortable with, even they do not do anything.

Yes, constant communication with him could be a good idea so that both of you can know each other well.

I personally don't believe in soul mates. There are people we just jive with far better than others, that's all. IMO some people just use the term soul mates to indicate that they think the person they're with is the right one, no offense intended.

But the reality of life is there will never be a "right" one. In one small way or another, you will always find a problem with your partner, and if you truly love them and they love you back as much as you do, then all that goes away.

I'm still sitting on the fence. Part of me, the hopeless romantic believes there is a possibility that soul mates could be real. If so though I agree that not everyone ends up with their mate or even crosses paths with them. :(

I do personally know of couples who suggest that soul mates are real. My stepdads parents are still madly in love after 55+ years of marriage. They met at a dance hall when they were young. My stepdad's father was a sailor in the British navy and was temporarily in New Zealand on the job. It took him no time to decide to "jump ship" and stay in New Zealand even though he knew it would mean possible jail time for desertion and not going through the proper immigration process.

I also believe people can be happy with someone who isn't their soulmate but that soulmates share a deeper connection or bond.

My stepdads parents are still madly in love after 55+ years of marriage. They met at a dance hall when they were young. My stepdad's father was a sailor in the British navy and was temporarily in New Zealand on the job. It took him no time to decide to "jump ship" and stay in New Zealand even though he knew it would mean possible jail time for desertion and not going through the proper immigration process.

What a gorgeous story! What a life!

But to be honest, I don't believe in soulmates.

I believe in love and in two people developing a relationship that becomes deeper and deeper.
And I'm on the best way in this regard after spending nearly 10 years with my friend :)

My boyfriend is my soulmate. I can't imagine being without him for a longer period of time. I wouldn't be fully myself without him, because in some ways we are one. He makes me happy:love:

I don't believe in the term soul mate but I do believe that there is that one person who you will enjoy being with for the rest of your life... beyond life? Well, that's another story.

I have been with my partner for 5 years. We have our ups and downs but we are still together through thick and thin. I knew him back when I was 12 and we instantly clicked as good friends. After growing apart for some years, we eventually met again when I was 18 and we kept in touch. A year after I broke up with my ex, we decided to hit it off and now we're still together.

Yes and no.

I believe that there are "lots of someones" for every person. I think that two people can be completely compatible and feel like they have found "the one." I think that there can be another person somewhere else long the lines that is the same way for that person, though. I don't think we should each go looking across the earth to find that one single person.

I don't really believe in soul mates either. I do think that there are people who were are more compatible with, but I don't think there's one special person on the planet for each person. I would love to be proven wrong though. :D

Werbung:
I believe that for everyone on earth there is someone meant to be with them forever but I don't believe it's their soulmate. It's just a match not a match in Heaven, so to speak. You just have to work together to make the relationship last.

The idea of a soulmate seems to imply that you will meet the perfect person and then you'll be together and things will be perfect and you'll live with this soulmate happily ever after. It sounds like a fairy tale.

In any kind of relationship, it's never easy because people are naturally different and you have to compromise and work at the relationship. The idea of a soulmate seems to suggest that once you find him/her, you don't need to put much effort in the relationship because he/she is your soulmate.

Back