• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

DIY: What's the coolest thing you made with your own two hands?

Zynni

Do you DIY? If so, what can you make? It can be a home decor item or arts and crafts. It can artwork, something you built, or anything in between. What is the very best thing you ever made all by yourself?

Werbung:
A statue of myself in art class. It was pretty impressive! The whole project took forever (like, five or six months), but I know I could make it faster now (though I have not tried it since). I actually even won a prize for it! It was super cool.

I mean, I have not done anything in that scope since. But while I do appreciate the knitted works I've finished this year, they just don't come close in coolness to that one art project!

I used to make lots of things, but the best was a pottery figurine at school that I made when I was about 10 and even my pottery teacher was taken back at it. I sculptured the head, arms and hands and my mother loves it. It helped come second in my pottery class at school that year.

My mom helped me make it, but I made a patchwork quilt that I really love. I had gotten into sewing and really wanted to learn to quilt and we got it done really really fast. It's one of my favorite things I own and I would love to make another one, half the fun was just learning a new skill from my mom, who is awesome!

I'm not sure if this counts as DIY, but I'm really into baking and cake decorating. The project I'm most proud of is definitely when I provided the desserts for my sister-in-law's baby shower. There were 50+ people in attendance (big Greek and Italian families!) and I made two dozen mini cheesecakes, three dozen linzer cookies, and three dozen cupcakes. The cupcakes were my favourite, I decorated them to look like roses, daisies, and hydrangeas :)

My mom helped me make it, but I made a patchwork quilt that I really love. I had gotten into sewing and really wanted to learn to quilt and we got it done really really fast. It's one of my favorite things I own and I would love to make another one, half the fun was just learning a new skill from my mom, who is awesome!

I think that's very cool, and ever more so, since it was a mother / daughter thing.

I never really thought about it being DIY, but I did make a patchwork quilt for my oldest daughter years ago. Admittedly, it wasn't my best piece of work ever, but it was my first, and I tried. It was made with lots of love, and she loved it. I guess that makes it a win. :)

Werbung:
i've made some jewellery from beading and wire works, paper craft (including scrapbook), and also recently tried ink painting. love my own drawings though novice. =)

Back