• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Deactivating social media

Gabriellea

Yesterday I deactivated my main Facebook account and it felt good. I had done it before and this time it was a combination of things. I had too many people clogging up my feed with political memes, animal stories and photos, and rants. My pet hate is people who message constantly. There is nothing worse than to see 7 messages from the same person in an hour, and that has been going on for a while.

They can see you have read it, and if you don't respond they bug you again, so there was no option but to deactivate for a while.

Werbung:
I can't blame you. I'm not a big fan of social media to begin with. I'm a bit more private (okay, a lot more) than most people, apparently. I don't want my life story online, but my friends seem to think they need to post way too much personal stuff, for the world to see. Fine for them, but when they start posting my personal stuff, I get a little irked.

I also can't stand when people post constantly. I don't need to see a post from them every minute of the day.

The best ones? When they are fighting with their SO and posting jabs at each on FB. They try to drag everyone else into their drama. Spare me, please.

I'm one of those people that has Facebook and Instagram just to stay connected to family and friends I don't see much, but outside of that I've never been too hype on social media. I hop on to scan through the newsfeed and after about 5 minutes I'm bored because I've seen random crap advertisements or memes and links to other websites full of more junk. I feel like it's just gotten so boring and over-bombarded with crap when it's suppose to be meant for friends and family and sharing life. Too many people use it for hate and ignorance nowadays.

It's useful to have to keep in contact with friends and family that do live far away and saves on postage costs. I agree @Zynni when people make their arguments public it's embarrassing. I have friends (who are now separated) that would argue via Facebook about changing cat litter, each wanted to humiliate each other. Then they would delete the whole thread. It just made it uncomfortable for everyone and I stopped following them for a while because of it.

Yeah, that junk gets old. I have enough drama in my life that I don't need to view that of others, especially when I'm trying to have some down time. It is embarrassing.

I do get tired of the political rants and memes as well. My niece recently posted one... "I need a political filter for Facebook, so I can still be friends with my friends once the election is over." That one, was spot on.

Werbung:
Yeah, that junk gets old. I have enough drama in my life that I don't need to view that of others, especially when I'm trying to have some down time. It is embarrassing.

I do get tired of the political rants and memes as well. My niece recently posted one... "I need a political filter for Facebook, so I can still be friends with my friends once the election is over." That one, was spot on.

I recently had a difference of opinion with a millenial about deactivating and unfollowing on Facebook. I think it's easier and wiser as in not to offend people by deactivating an then starting a new account with select people. The person recommended using an extension to filter words, but seriously, you may as well not be on Facebook if you filter things out. Either use social media or don't. Yes, you can control it, but within limits. The political rants are too much for me too, and I ignore them as I only have one person now doing it, but before it was pretty much a dozen at a time. No filter could have stopped that.

Back