• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Childhood comfort

SlapHappy

Do you still have your favorite doll or teddy bear from childhood? A blanket you always slept with? A pet rock? :D

I had a teddy bear that I held on to for YEARS that was lost in a fire when I was about 16. It was the first time I had left him home when I went to spend the night somewhere. I still miss that bear.

Werbung:
I have a blanket that I've had since I got my first real "big girl" bed. I used to take it with me on trips with the track team in high school because when you're stuck outside for 12 hours in a day in March and April in Colorado you need to be prepared for hot and cold weather (in the same day) so it's been dragged around in the snow, rained on... I spilled rubber cement on it once (that stuff does not come out). It's falling apart and I don't take it with me anymore because of that but I still love it.

That is really sad. I am sorry that you lost it. :(

I have a favorite blanket. I don't know why I like it so much. It is just an ordinary blanket. It's not super soft and there's no silkies on it. I do have many stuffed animals that I used to like when I was younger too... I had a lot of favorites. :)

I actually never had anything like that. I was too busy growing up too fast due to the family lifestyle and personal issues. If I were to have had something to this day, I would have preferred for it to be a teddy bear. They seem to always listen to what we have to say. ;)

I too don't have anything that I'm so attached to that I have to have it everywhere I go. I guess as I grow up, my needs changed and I don't play with the same toys. In fact, I usually play with friends. I don't play alone with a teddy bear or a doll in my room all by myself. I would usually play catch with my friends or just walk around the neighborhood with them.

I kept my first baby doll and favorite blanket. Then when I had my oldest daughter I passed them down to her, and now my two year old plays the first babydoll I ever had.

That is really sad. I am sorry that you lost it. :(

I have a favorite blanket. I don't know why I like it so much. It is just an ordinary blanket. It's not super soft and there's no silkies on it. I do have many stuffed animals that I used to like when I was younger too... I had a lot of favorites. :)

LOL! I had a favorite blanket as well before I got my bear. It was a full size blue blanket with a small strip of silkie. I dragged that thing around everywhere! You can picture it: a small 5 or 6 year old with a full size blue blanket walking around the house. LOL!

I never had a favorite anything because my family moved too much to get attached to anything even though that would have helped me so much to have such an item. All my children had special things, but now grown, all that has gone simply because the blankets fell apart from washing. One child I went through 3 special blankets since it just could not be left even in junior high school. That child is the most stable, to this day!

I do! I have a blanket and a couple dolls that were really special to me. They're tucked away in a memory chest somewhere and I haven't seen them in years. I wouldn't dare get rid of them, though.

Werbung:
I do not have any teddy bear or doll left on my possession since I had given those away to others. I do not find them comforting although I had enjoyed playing them. I do have an old blanket but it was already from my high school years.

Back