• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Bad Customer Service

Gabriellea

I worked in retail and customer service before, and there are people who just rant and rave, but when people are being reasonable and customer services try to wriggle out of something it's annoying.

I'm going to write piece on my own blog, but the short version is a company sent me an unsolicited beauty box. I had cancelled my subscription in time, but they charged and sent it anyhow. It took Facebook, Twitter and contact form messages for a day to get a reply, and they said I hadn't cancelled, but switched off auto renewal (which is cancelling). Anyhow, I also have the 14 day cooling period where I can cancel any contract with an online order for no reason, yet they ignored that for 8 messages, and kept palming me off withe the same story.

In the end I cut and pasted their own terms and conditions, and they reluctantly agreed to all I had asked which was a pre-paid reply slip to send it back and a refund. Simple, right? It only took 48 hours and 40 messages, with several lies, and lots of tweets they couldn't delete.

Werbung:
Wow, that's pretty terrible. That is one of the reasons I usually don't like joining "clubs" or engaging in subscriptions like that. They always claim that you can cancel at any time... until you try to actually do it. And, should you forget to cancel membership, you are often out of luck.

I'm glad you got it resolved, but dang, I'd be really frustrated by that experience.

Back