• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Baby Fever!!

Allison

Tell me if this sounds familiar: You spend 9 months being pregnant, the last 3 being absolutely miserable and swearing "Never again!" then you have your baby, a few months go by, and one of your friends pops up pregnant. You watch her status updates on Facebook and feel a growing urge to have another one of your own.

It seems like every time I have a baby, three of my friends get pregnant. By the time they are about ready to have their own babies, I'm secretly envious and wishing I was pregnant again. It's incredible how quickly we forget those last 3 months of pregnancy, or the pains of labor. Having babies has got to be the single most gratifying experience there is. I can't think of any experience I've ever had that had such incredible results.

Do any of you suffer from baby fever and have to fight the urge to procreate continuously? It wasn't until baby #3 that I began to sympathize with Michelle Dugger and her 19 kids and counting. Obviously I could never have 19 kids, but I definitely understand wanting to.

Werbung:
No can't say I have those urges to have more children. We have two (5 1/2 and 7) and that's plenty for me. It was fun being pregnant and giving birth is amazing! In my younger years I was always saying I want a soccer team too, but as I got older, this quickly changed. There is so much more to raising a child, then just the first 9 months. lol

Being able to provide a good childhood for my kids is important to me. Being able to devote as much time as I can to each of them is also important. Plus I want to be able to take my kids on vacation and show them this and other countries. With two kids, the financial "burden" is a little different then when you have 19! I can't even imagine having to cook for 19 children, get 19 children ready for school, do home work, etc. Of course not all are babies/toddlers and the older children will help with the chores, but is there a lot of room for individual attention? If it works for her, great, I just know it wouldn't work for me.

I am also 44, don't think I would want to look at another three years of diaper changing. lol :)

I have'nt been pregnant yet. All of my friends are having children and I have a strong desire to have kids of my own, I am ready to be a mom but I am NOT ready to be pregnant or give birth. I'm just not one of those girls who looks forward to that part of motherhood.

I am with you on this Allison. Even though I have four kids, the youngest being four, I wish I could have more babies. I love the whole process. Even giving birth wasn't that bad for me. But to be able to have one more child would be a blessing. One that will doubtfully come because I had the good sense to take measures to not have any more because I knew me. I knew that at some point I would want another baby. And while I desperately want one, I also know that I don't need another one. Besides my fella firmly says NO. He is right between his, mine and the 2 from my last relationship I have plenty.

I've never had any kids, but every now and then I'm struck with baby fever. It usually starts off with me watching television shows about babies and then it's all down hill from there. I'll start seeing babies and pregnant women everywhere! It drives my husband insane, lol. I've also noticed that it happens more so in the spring time (when people are usually having kids), so I have a feeling I'll be struck within the next couple of months. I wish I could have kids, but it's just not the right time for us because we're both in grad school and working, so it'd be really tough. But yeah, I get baby fever every now and then.

I really can relate to what you're saying. I have four children (21, 19, 15 and 10 years old) and I'm 47 years old already. But when I see little babies on television or when I'm out shopping, I really like to have one of my own but then when my senses come knocking back into me, I realize I don't think it's a good idea to have a baby. I could probably "borrow" my neighbour's baby and play with her for awhile. I wish one of my children would be married and have a baby and I can look after the baby. But this won't be happening any time soon.

I do not suffer from baby fever. My boyfriend and I have six children between the two of us. So when my girlfriends have a baby, I think it is great! Then I can go play with the baby and get my baby fix, without having to wake up all through the night with a newborn again! I am at the point where the kids you can give back to some one else are the best ones! lol j/k I love my children, but I would consider nor have the urge to have another baby.

I don't personally have it because I haven't even had my first yet.

I can tell you that it seems like a lot of mommies go through it, though. During those last few months, they say "No, no, I don't want any more, I'm done!" or at least after the baby is born and all the sleepless nights. Then a few months later, they're craving being pregnant again, ha.

My son is two and I am feeling that urge, but not based on other people having babies. If I am going to have a third child, it is going to be of my own account and free will. It is not a wise idea to have a baby because you are essentially jealous (not saying you in particular) of a friend that is pregnant or has a newborn.

My fiancee and I have yet to have our first together but I see a lot of the girls that I went to high school with settling dwn; getting married, and having a family of their own.
I am envious but that isn't why I wanna have a baby, settle down and get married.

My fiancee and I are in 2 different states, I always feel so alone in my house; no one to talk to and noone that really loves me; I mean I have my mom but she doesn't ACT like it.
I have always seemed to do better and feel better when I was taking care of someone; like when my great grandmother was sick I would help her in and out of bed, and help her go to the bathroom; or when my uncle had his surgery, I would help him in and out of bed and cooked for him every day I came home from school for 4 hours until my mom got home.

I guess its just wanting a part of my fiancee here with me and having someone to take care of that makes me want to have a baby. Plus by this age I had figured I would at least have one on the way.

I know what you are talking about. Every time I see a little newborn I want another one. However, I come to my senses and realize it is not the right time right now. Baby fever is hard to resist, but sometimes it just has to be done.

Werbung:
ARGH! My husband and I have talked and decided to start trying for a baby in late July of this year. I am a school aide for a boy and that would work out to my giving birth right at the end of the school year in early may. Now my sister is engaged and getting married June 8th. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Back