• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Workout Motivation Needed... Desperately!

katews

If you work out regularly, how do you find the motivation if it's... well, less than "fun" for you? :cry: I don't have as much trouble during the cold months, but when it's summer and hot/humid already by 8 a.m., I just can't find motivation.

I do get up really early so I guess that would be the ideal time, but there are always other things I need to do during those early morning hours. And after dinner isn't an option in my case because it keeps me awake instead of making me sleepy.

Anything you've found that provides motivation when you don't feel like working out? Loud music maybe? That works for me sometimes, but not all the time.

Werbung:
Get into activities that are fun for you. People often think they have to walk on a treadmill or use weight lifting machines for a "good exercise" session. Play basketball, walk the dog, dance for 20 to 30 minutes at the start of your day. The key is to stay active and keep moving. If you like latin dance, pop in a zumba dvd and dance to you heart's content. If you the activity then you look forward to it and it will be easier to be consistent.

I really enjoying finding 30 day challenges. They get increasingly harder throughout the month, but you always start pretty easy.
It always has set days that are rest days and they numbers are already marked out for you. I use Pinterest to find these personally.
Currently, I'm doing this challenge.
I took out the sit up portion so it'd be a little more attainable for me rather than starting too high.
I also plan on doing this challenge next month.
Stacking challenges isn't bad either but don't over work yourself.

I'm also active in Kung Fu. It's a great form of exercise, self defense, confidence boost, and fun. This is twice a week.

Find something you enjoy doing or something that can be set up to do every day. It only takes 21 days to get into a habit.
I find a lot of my work outs on Pinterests. Some are harder than others.

Do you usually workout outside or inside? I mean do you go for jogs/walks or do you do indoor exercises? You may need to mix it up a little when it is really hot, we are dealing with the massive heat right now too. I have found myself getting to be a little more lazy over the last week because this heat is just wearing me out!

A couple days I took my walk early in the morning with a bottle of water and my cell phone (just in case - it is that hot here right now.) I also have tried the night time walk, but that is hotter then the morning here.

If you usually go for a walk, try indoor exercises and see if that is easier to keep cool. Or you can go to a mall before all the stores open (if the mall doors open first) and walk laps in the mall before it gets busy. Our mall here opens a couple hours before the stores so people go to walk laps (not many people just a couple) in the air conditioning.

Whenever I need motivation, I look in the mirror and it always works:) I want to look as pretty as possible... so I work out. Thanks to some ballet exercises that I do every day, I have a really nice body. I love when my boyfriend is looking at me like I was the most attractive girl:)

Werbung:
I'm part of a community club that races 5km at 8am every Saturday morning, so being timed every Saturday and racing against others gives me the motivation to stick with my workout plan during the week. ;) I also train with my aunty once a week, which helps. So I do 2 workouts with others a week and 3-4 workouts with iPhone apps like Zombie Run or Nike+.

Having a vacation to look forward also does the trick. :D

Back