• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Woman Attacked

AliceCoopersGirl

This is an e-mail I recieved this morning and want to warn other women of this newest thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
A woman at a nightclub on Saturday night was taken by 5 men, who according
to hospital and police reports, gang raped her before dumping her. Unable
to remember the events of the evening, tests later confirmed the repeat
rapes along with traces of Rohypnol in her blood, was Progesterex, which is
essentially a small sterilisation pill. The drug now being used by rapists
at parties to rape AND sterilise their victims. Progesterex is available to
vets to sterilise large animals.
Rumour has it that Progesterex is being used together with Rohypnol, the
date rape drug. As with Rohypnol, all they have to do is drop it into the
girls drink. The girl can't remember a thing the next morning, of all that
had taken place the night before. Progesterex, which dissolves in drinks
just as easily, is such that the victim doesn't conceive from the rape and
the rapist needn't worry about having a paternity test identifying him
months later. The drugs effects ARE NOT TEMPORARY- They are PERMANENT!!!
Progesterex was designed to sterilise horses. Any female who takes it WILL
NEVER BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE. The b*stards can get this drug from anyone who
is in the vet school or any university. It's that easy, and Progesterex is
about to break out big everywhere. Believe it or not, there are even sites
on the internet telling people how to use it. Please COPY (NOT FORWARD)
this to everyone you know, especially girls. Be careful when you're out,
and don't leave your drink unattended. Please make the effort to pass this
onto all you know...
Guys, please inform all your female friends and relatives. This has now
been reported to have been used on 360 women around London. Girls, keep
your drinks safe at all times, and blokes, look after the girls you're
with.
Please pass this on ..[/b]

Werbung:
I don't really know how accurate your e-mail is, considering depending on where you live it could be very difficult to get such a medication.

HOWEVER, it is ALWAYS important for women to watch their drinks at ALL times when in a bar or a club. Not only can GHB (date-rape drug) be put in your drink, other more common meds like Vallium and Prozac are often used as well.

Don't expect police to issue warnings when there is a rash of these occurances. They happen often and are very seldom reported.

And always go to clubs with friends -- you go in with them, and leave with them. End of story.

Hate to draw this into quewstion, but I received an email almost the same abot 6 years ago.... and this was the response to it then:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Dear Readers,

Your letters are just a sample of the many "Progesterex" postings this week on the Net. Not included are other notes, referencing information passed on by the "hair stylist of a friend's sister-in-law," claiming they heard examples of where the "drug droppings" had occurred.

Much research was done on the matter; no evidence of the existence of such a drug was substantiated by veterinarians, pharmacists, and researchers at the following agencies and institutions:

U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Veterinary Medicine
American Veterinary Medical Association
Cornell University, Equine and Farm Animal Hospital
University of Saskatchewan, Western College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School, New Bolton Center

Further, these experts state that the one equine medication taken orally that tangentially relates to the stated purpose of "Progesterex" is used to temporarily prevent mares from coming into heat (estrus).

No such incidents on Columbia's campus have been reported. Alice also checked with other universities and drug education organizations and found that none of them were familiar with the supposed drug and its alleged use.

As some of you pointed out in your questions, there are drugs, including Rohypnol and GHB, which have been used to sexually assault and/or burglarize victims. Information about these drugs, along with how to prevent such crimes, is available in the following Q&As:

Rohypnol "Roofie" and Rape
GHB/"Liquid Ecstasy"
GHB/"Liquid Ecstasy" -- Date Rape Drug of Choice? [Reader's Response]Go Ask Alice! and Columbia were not the only places on the "Progesterex" case this week. Many other educators and health care providers around the country received similar messages, were concerned about what they read, and took action to find out whether or not what they were reading and hearing was legitimate. This isn't the first time that seemingly-implausible situations have popped onto the scene, and it no doubt won't be the last; who's rectum will a gerbil find its way into tomorrow? Whose image, sense of security, and peace of mind will be sacrificed next year just for laughs? Yes, the volume of information and the speed at which it can travel 'round the world sometimes makes it more difficult to separate the truth from the crap. Some sound research from reputable resources is a good tool to have along to reach reality.

This current situation certainly seems like a hoax; its creator(s) might be reading this, laughing, and basking in his/her/their fifteen minutes of Internet fame. If so, there are some other things you might try when you next find yourself with some time on your hands: teach disadvantaged kids to read; volunteer at a soup kitchen; raise money for earthquake victims; or, just take a nap.[/b]

from askalice.com (i think that was its name lol)

It just doesn't make sense that they would use such a drug. Why would they need to sterilize their victims so that if in the rare event they got pregnant they couldn't identify them by paternity test..... when they're leaving a DNA sample right at the crime scene?

But in any case, ladies, ALWAYS watch your drink.
<

Thanks for the heads up acg! Its always a good thing to re-iterate a growing concern. I agree with comments made. Its becoming a massive problem over here.

|I'm pretty sure I had a drink of mine spiked a few years back. Fortunately I was with a group of friends who knew something wasn't quite right with me. I remember getting a drink for my friend and i, standing at the bar to have the drink.... from there on I have no recollection of that evening until I woke up around 7am the next morning. So I found out....I walked home from where we were out... a good 3 miles, one of the girls made me stay at her flat so she could keep an eye on me. Apparently a couple of guys who were in the same pub followed us home and knocked on my friends door at around 2am.

Thank god she didn't open the door. But From there on I have hardly drank and also NEVER put my drink down. I only ever let stewart buy me drinks now. It's so frightening to think what could have happened that night. I wasn't young, stupid and drunk as some girls get labelled.

Whatever happened.... it's something to bare in mind when you go out ladies.

Thanks ACG :hugz:

I had a drink of mine spiked when I was living in Worthing...I was drinking diet coke(which is what I normally drink when Im out)

I was lucky that my guy had only gone upstairs to grab some bits(it was his sisters pub and he was staying with her for the weekend)...when he came down he realised there was something wrong with me but Im also lucky that his brother in law was working behind the bar(he was the landlord at the time)and looked after me as soon as I told him I didn't feel right.

Chantilly...Im only posting an e-mail I recieved so noone has to go through having their drinks spiked...Snowy and myself are the lucky ones...there are women(and guys)out there that are not as lucky...I hope that this drug is not being used...but if this thread makes at least one person watch their drinks,then it has worked.
<

Originally posted by AliceCoopersGirl@Mar 15 2006, 08:10 AM
Chantilly...Im only posting an e-mail I recieved so noone has to go through having their drinks spiked...Snowy and myself are the lucky ones...there are women(and guys)out there that are not as lucky...I hope that this drug is not being used...but if this thread makes at least one person watch their drinks,then it has worked.
<
Trust me, I understand that. I work closely with Police officers and I know how often this can happen and how seldom these are made public. I feel that women should be much more careful than they are, but it should be through awareness and education rather than scare tactics. People just don't stay scared for very long.

You and Snowy were not lucky, you were both smart because you were around people you could trust and who took care of you. Sometimes these things do happen even if you are being cautious. But you would be surprised at the number of girls who aren't so careful and put themselves at risk, and I don't think a chain e-mail is what will get these people to wake up.

If you're truely concerned, you could always e-mail this to your local police department. It's very likely that they've seen this e-mail before, and they could tell you whether or not it has merit.

Werbung:
I spoke to my mate last night(he is in the police)he has told me that in Norwich drugging drinks has gone up this year...it is at its higest at the moment...he also said I was doing the right thing by posting that e-mail as he believes that it could save at least one person more than normal.

The whole thing is that if it does scare at least one person and it makes them think...then that is a good thing...bringing it to women's(and mens)attention is a good thing in my opinnion.

I am fully aware of how many women out there are not careful and do put themselves at risk...I have had to sit in a pub and watch people over the last 6 months(to see who is at risk,where and how...so as to be able to prevent anty probs)for my hubby and his mate...they own a pub.

I've had to watch some idiots(and this is not just women)who will get totally drunk and not know where they are or who they are talking to...its scary to watch this happen.

Hope that all makes sense and Im not just rambling on hun...but I just feel that every way to get this message across is a great idea because it could save one more person from going through that.
<

Back