• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Where Did The Dollar Go?

Potholer

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

I've been looking at thsi for ages and it just doesn't work. WHERE DID IT GO?

It's killing me.

WHEEEERE???

(By the way, I don't have the answer [yet?])

Werbung:
I've got the answer now!

It's easy really. They're just adding the wrong numbers together. They actually paid $25 for the rooms and then gave a $2 tip. It should be 27-2=25, not 27+2=29.

:umm: Hmmm I must be stoopid lol
<

I really should have taken out that "It's easy really" I copy and pasted it...haha.

SO not easy *rolls eyes*

PP, check out my second post here mon amie
<
. I wrote the answer small so as not to give it away to obviosuly. What was your answer? Write it small too if you like.

didn't notice that lol. i just done a whole load of complicated maths sums and came up with the answer the clerk kept the extra dollar. i'm not sure of what sums i done though
<

Werbung:
Back