• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What would you do if your son went home from work and took home a girl friend to sleep over?

Mommyjoyce

Ok... I have three sons and two of them are working. The eldest has many lady friends and one time, one of them went home with him, and apparently, she's going to sleep over!

What would you do? or What did you do if you've been in same situation?

Werbung:
Well how old is he and is it your house?

If he's old enough to be working, it doesn't exactly sound like he's much of a child any more.

You said that one of them 'went' home with him, so it kinda sounds like it's to his own place and not yours. If it's your house and makes you uncomfortable, then obviously you should approach him and tell him it's not allowed to happen again.

He's 25... nearing 26. I didn't scold him about it because I am used to their friends sleeping over, but not going solo. I just sort of felt around if my son was into a relationship with her; but it didn't look that way.

Friends with benefits? Maybe. I treated him like a man; I told myself if there's something serious, he will tell me. For the meantime, I just raised my eyebrows and he winked at me. ^_^

Having 3 sons... maybe I should expect girls coming over "to visit?" lol

Lol! Okay, yeah, so if he's 26, he's perfectly capable of making those decisions himself and it's really nothing weird. If it's in your house and you don't like it, then sure, go ahead and say something.... but it shouldn't be anything to do with you parenting him at that point. Only that your house rules don't really approve of it.

It's your house? If that's the case and it bothers you for him to have a girl overnight, then you should say so. At his age, if he wants complete freedom and no rules, then he should be getting his own place to live. At the very least, he should have talked to you about this first, just out of respect.

I agree with AllWoman! He should have said something beforehand or asked for your permission, but you know how guys get and don't think during the heat of the moment. Just have him ask permission and tell him that he should fork over some rent if he wants lady friends. That is so awkward.

I don't have any kids, but I always work on the premise that it's MY house, MY rules. If I had a son who bought girls home randomly and didn't clear it with me first, I'd be having words. It's not really about the act of having them stay over, because chances are I'd be totally fine with it. It's more about the fact that he'd have to RESPECT that it's MY house, and therefore permission should be sought for people staying over. All it takes is a few seconds to ask nicely, and at least introduce me to the girl involved.

I mean, how else would I show her embarrassing baby photos of him if I didn't at least get to say hi? ;)

I suppose it depends on how old he is. How old is your son? If he was over 18, I would say it is okay. Does he live with you? If he is over 18 and is bringing girls home constantly, I would tell him it is time to move out...

So, I just read that he is 25. I think it is time for him to move on and find his own place. If it is just a girl who is a friend, I think it is okay. If they are more in a relationship, then you may want to think twice about allowing it.

Hi Mommyjoyce, since I'm pretty sure we have the same culture, I am quite surprised to hear this. It's so weird that your son brought a girl home, but maybe he just had to bring her to do something else- aside from what we usually think about. Either way, you should tell him that next time you expect him to tell you in advance.

My best friend is a guy and he would sometimes visit me and ask to sleep on my bed especially when he gets depressed.

Werbung:
As a 26 year old, it's really his business and his alone. Doesn't mean you as his mother have to like it though. But yeah, like someone else said, it would be a little weird if he wasn't having lady friends spend the night.

Back