• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What if you found out that a loved one has HIV?

Cecille

Luckily, none with my relatives and friends have this serious disease, thank God. But I know this can be really depressing and difficult to the person infected so I really feel for them. Kudos to them for spreading HIV awareness instead of hiding and avoiding public exposure.

Now I want to ask you ladies, have you had a loved one (relatives and friends) infected by this dreaded disease? And if so, how do you support/comfort them? What was your reaction when you first learned about it?

Werbung:
I have never known anyone with it (as far as I know at least) but I really do think that most people now days understand that it isn't really that easy to catch unless you're having sexual relations with the person or using the same drug needles. It also isn't quite the death sentence it used to be. Yes, it is still a fatal disease but with the drugs they have now it can be managed a lot better than it could be back in the 80's when they discovered it. So if I knew someone with it I guess that is how I would try to help them cope...just let them know that as long as they listen to their doctors and take their meds they can still live long, productive lives.

I know many families who have been affected by the deadly disease. One way or another people are affected by HIV. There are many couples after testing they find out that one is positive and the other negative yet they have been having sex and even have children together. If I found out that my partner has AIDS, I will be shocked at first but I will regain my conscious and learn to live with it. Then I will offer my support and be there for him. I would want him to live for as long as possible just like as if he did not have AIDS.

I have a friend who's struggling with HIV. Many people are too discriminative when they heard about the person has this kind of communicable disease. In my friend's case she's been loyal to her ex boyfriend for 2 years and she found out that her boyfriend had multiple partners at that time and currently suffering from HIV. She undergone a test for HIV and she found out that she's infected too. My friends and I are always visiting her and we always show her that we are going to stay with her till the end.

I have two loved ones that are HIV positive, and are living strongly and healthily. They are both males and both very close friends that are doing so much good within the area of Aids awareness and prevention.

It makes me so proud of them!

I am so thankful for them as they are great examples to others, with the one actually working at a clinic for children and adults with HIV in Africa.

Staying close to this is very humbling and makes you see how vulnerable Life really is...and more so, the beauty and bravery of the human spirit.

I have a relative infected with Hepatitis C. Obviously, I'm supportive, but it is very difficult for him. His liver keeps getting worse and worse, and his health insurance kicked him off. All I can say is, everyone should have free health insurance!

I have a relative infected with Hepatitis C. Obviously, I'm supportive, but it is very difficult for him. His liver keeps getting worse and worse, and his health insurance kicked him off. All I can say is, everyone should have free health insurance!

I am so sorry my sister was 15 at the time when she passed because of that. I pray for him and hope that he can get better soon. I hope that he can get a new liver and live a successful life. I was upset when my sister passed because she would have been 17 this year and going on to do bigger and better things. I pray for your family and I hope that everything goes well with you all. Keep him motivated and always moving so he will not give up.

It's such a waste of good life when people who are so kind and so friendly end up with HIV; destroying relationships because of the frustration and blaming of others.

It's such a bombshell to know you or someone you love contacted such. But life goes on...and we can only help our friends and family live with that and make the most of their remaining strength.

That would be terrible news. Fortunately, I don't personally know anyone who is HIV+
It would hit me very hard if any of my family had it. It's not the death sentence it once was. They are many people living successfully with the disease.

I dont't know anyone who is HIV+. If I found out that one of my friends or relatives had HIV or AIDS I would first of all support them entirely. I would also make sure that they know that is no longer the death sentence that it once was... people can live with HIV for many years and there are advancements made in medecine all the time.

I would just be sad if I found out that one of my relatives at HIV. I would reach out to them and see if there was anything I could do and probably start hanging out with them more and making sure they were getting the best medical care possible.

In my country, it's still a stigma to know that you're infected with this deadly disease. People would wonder how you got it and the general conclusion would be that because you're gay.

I've never known anyone who has this disease and I hope none of my family members and close friends would contract such a deadly disease and if I do know of anyone who has this disease, I think I would just be there for the person and will keep him/her company if he/she needs my company. Otherwise, I will just let him/her deal with the disease in his/her own way. Only he/she knows how he/she got the disease.

I do not have relatives or friends who are infected with HIV and hope no one will ever be infected with it.
I had heard a testimonial from someone who is HIV positive for the HIV awareness month. It was done near a church where I happened to be on that exact moment when he was sharing his experiences and giving advices.

In my country HIV is rather a rare disease - fortunately. I'm not close to my family, they probably wouldn't need my help if something like this happened. But if my boyfriend was ill, I'd like to be ill too. I don't want to live longer than him. If he was ill, we would probably live a normal life for as long as possible.

Werbung:
HIV is scary. I thought I might have it for a long time because I was always getting sick. I finally got tested and was relieved to find out I was negative. I have known a few people in real life who had it, although they weren't very close friends or family--just acquaintances, friends of friends and what not. It's pretty scary. I feel blessed that both my partner and I tested negative and I no longer have to worry about it.

Back