• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What Factors Make You Decide to Go on a Second Date?

digitalbrew

How do you decide to go on a second date, anyway? It's been 5 long years ever since I've dated anyone after knowing them recently so I was just wondering what factors affect your decision to date a person the next time around.

1. Is it the result of the first date? We all know that plays a crucial part.
2. If the first date didn't go well, what else will you be considering?
3. Does calling you to make it up for a bad date give him plus points?
4. How about apologizing for being late or absent?

Werbung:
Yes, it is definitely the result of the first date and how well that goes. If we get along great and have a lot of things in common then I will go on a second date. If we have nothing in common and it just seems like there is an awkward silence, then I am usually done after the first date. I hate those awkward first dates where you have nothing to say to each other. Sometimes it is just becomes both parties are shy and they may open up. However, both parties have to initiate conversation so you can feel comfortable around each other.

I think mine mostly relies on gut feeling, to be honest. I've never had a set formula. Even when the first date didn't go well, it doesn't make that person bad or a bad fit even, so I try not to judge too quickly. If I'm not feeling it at all, though, then I don't feel like I should have to push through another date.

I would decide to go on a second date if there is a connection there. I can forgive someone coming a bit late but it will not score them any brownie points. If they do not turn up, it would have to be a very good reason - like he died or something similar (kidding, but yeah it would have to be a very good reason).

I believe in giving second chances but if there is no connection, I won't waste his or my time.

I also go with my gut feeling. First impressions do count, but sometimes there's so much pressure on the first date that every small thing can be amplified. On some rare occasions, I will go out on a second date even when I don't feel a connection because I'm bored. I know that's bad, but true.

Everything is important. The most important is how I feel in his company, but other things too. Usually, 10 minutes is enough for me to know wheter I like him or not. I won't go for a second date if he doesn't act like a gentleman. He also has to be intelligent. Being late doesn't bother me because I'm always late and this way he won't have to wait for me:p If the date was bad, calling me won't help. I'm very picky.

I honestly don't think I've even ever dated. All of my boyfriends I've either 1) Met online or 2) Were friends with long before we dated. With my current boyfriend, I met him online and our first "date" was me driving across America to basically move in with him. I've never had that thing where a guy comes over, picks you up, takes you out, takes you home, gives you some sort of awkward kiss goodnight and then you have to wait and see if he calls you again. It honestly sounds really uncomfortable and torturous to me, lol. I'd rather just hang out like normal people--no pressure.

Werbung:
I haven't gone on a lot formal dates. A lot of the guy I've been involved with I knew already from school or work. So I had a pretty good idea of how I felt before we actually start dating. But I would mostly base my decision to go out with someone based on the quality of the date. If I had fun and enjoyed the conversation I would go out out again. If is was painfully awkward and the conversation didn't even remotely happen naturally, I probably wouldn't.

Back