• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?

apple

I'm not a fan of getting surgeries when they are not medically necessary but I also believe people are entitled to the right to change themselves if something is really bothering them. I think plastic surgery is acceptable if the feature to be operated on deviates a lot from what we'd call normal and is really killing the patient's self-esteem. The patient also needs to be aware of the results and not expect a lot. People become addicted to plastic surgeries because they can't accept the limits of their facial structure/proportions and want to look like celebrities. This leads to plastic surgery addiction when they want to operate on every bit of their face while the true problem lies in something that can't be altered.

Werbung:
I don't mind as long as it is used for self improvement but in my opinion I still prefer natural enhancement. There are ways in enhancing some parts naturally, but oh well, we all have our own preferences.

I would be scared to go through a plastic surgery. I'd rather learn to love myself the way I am and not go under the surgeon's knife. However, I understand what motivates people to do that, and as long as they're adults and have given the issue enough thoughts, I guess it's fine. I know someone who has gone through a mild cosmetic surgery and she said it has changed her life.

I believe in legitimate plastic surgery, not these back ally failed doctor ones that botch up people's bodies, hate them!
People have the right to change something they're uncomfy with on their body, and cosmetic surgery is often used to get rid of problem body parts and isn't just to look better.
If I had the money I'd sort out 2 things on my body with surgery, if I'm honest.
So I'm all for it :D

I'm all for it if it's done by a professional with experience. It may seem to vain to some people for someone to want to alter their body but I don't think it's any different from people that wear makeup or buy clothes that make them look better, I think it's just someone's personal choice. Honestly if I had the time and the money I'd probably have a couple of enhancements done to make myself feel more confident about the way I look.

If I had the money I would have plastic surgery. I am not against it as long as you do it because you want to and not because of what others say. If it makes you happy then u should do it.

Obviously, I can't choose to let it bother me if that's the life choice of another... but I don't agree with it. I think it is important for people to love and embrace who they are -- especially physically. If you don't have that initial self-esteem, plastic surgery isn't going to help. If anything, I'd think if I had a procedure done that I would start looking at other things that I could alter as well. I don't think that there is anything more attractive than being comfortable in your own skin because it's radiating and contagious. Others will be able to see it as well. If you think a knife is going to make you happy, I suppose go for it. The sooner you go for it, the sooner you'll realize that it probably wasn't the key to happiness.

I have nothing against plastic surgery cause it is a personal choice. And personally, i would not want to try or do it for myself as i am already contented for what i am. Sometimes, accepting how we look and do what we could do to look presentable makes us love ourselves more.

I myself would never have plastic surgery done however I am not totally against it. I feel that people have the right to change their bodies if they wish but should make sure they know the consequences if anything did go wrong.

I have never had plastic surgery and probably could never afford it. I see nothing wrong with it until you get into where your face looks frozen and so out of wack. Personally, I would love to get rid of this little pouch from my c-sections that will not go away no matter what I do.

I am afraid of being put under anesthesia due to the risk associated with it. However, if someone else wants a little bit of a nip and tuck to make them feel better about themselves then I am all for it. I can't say that I would NEVER get plastic surgery. When I am done having children, I might get a little bit of Smart Lipo but my hubby swears I don't need it! lol

I think reconstructive surgery is fine but that cosmetic surgery has gotten out of hand. Why don't people realize that there is nothing wrong with aging gracefully?Most people who have had cosmetic surgery look worse for wear in the end. The danger is that the more people who go under the knife, the more acceptable it will become and as a consequence there will be too much pressure placed on women to look a certain way and to go under the knife.

My sister got cosmetic surgery and she loves it, says it was the best thing she could ever do for herself as he boyfriend is a boob guy - but for me I didn't think she needed to change herself. I thought she was perfect the way she was, but I suppose people have different views. I will never get surgery though, if someone can't accept me for all of me, maybe they aren't the one.

I don't generally have any feelings toward plastic surgery one way or the other. I wouldn't personally get it myself, but I don't condemn woman who feel they need it. I blame society for giving those women the impression that they were anything other than beautiful and perfect before their surgeries. I have found some of the new treatments to be completely asinine and insane. For instance, there was a self-proclaimed doctor injecting women in the hind parts with all kinds of various sealants and household materials in hopes of giving them bigger butts. I can't remember what all he used, but I can remember his patients all being up in arms when their asses ended up feeling like concrete. I sympathized with them, but I also wondered about their sanity. I mean who goes to someone's kitchen to let them inject anything in your body? If you have to go to a bootleg plastic surgery, I daresay you can't afford one and your money would be better spent somewhere else.

Werbung:
I am not against plastic surgery at all. If there are parts of your body that is really bothering you and affecting your self-esteem then I say go for it. However no matter how good the plastic surgeon is there is always a risk involved as in any operation. Also, one has to be realistic as to what results one can expect from the procedure which a good plastic surgeon should explain to you.

Back