• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

What are the Signs of Young Girl Starting Period

dconklin

I am old enough to forget exactly what my body went through before my period started. I remember what it was like when I got it tho.

My daughter is 10 and is developing in the breasts, not much but enough where she should wear a training bra or tank top under certain shirts. She has also been complaining of breasts getting sore. Now she is getting headaches more often.

She has an idea of what is going to happen but I don't think we fully understand until it happens. Anybody know if this means her period may be on it's way or does this happen for a little while first?

Werbung:
My daughter is 10 and is developing in the breasts, not much but enough where she should wear a training bra or tank top under certain shirts. She has also been complaining of breasts getting sore. Now she is getting headaches more often.
I too have a daughter who's going to be ten next month and her breasts too are getting bigger that she needs to wear a bra under her shirt. But she hasn't complained about her breasts getting sore. Maybe if it's too painful for your daughter that her breasts are getting sore, you should consult with your doctor about it and with regards to starting her period, I'm not sure what are the signs. I would be interested to know if there are signs that we can look out for that would indicate the onset of a child's period. I don't want my daughter to be caught unawares and panic especially if it happens while she's in school. That would be terrible.

. I don't want my daughter to be caught unawares and panic especially if it happens while she's in school. That would be terrible.

My period started when I was in school. I was 12 at the time so it's be awhile. I can't really remember anything strange or out of the ordinary happening around that time. I wasn't really shocked. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

My breast didn't developed until I was almost 14 years old. I was as sophomore in high school (US). I definitely remember has some very painful chest pains. They were bad enough that I let my mom take me to the doctor. The doctor told me what was happening. I didn't think I would ever have breast and since most of the women and girls in immediate family are small breasted, I thought I would be too. I was very wrong. My breast developed and I've been wishing for smaller ones since then.

I got mine when I was 9 (yikes!). First in my class and most developed. I didn't have any signs ahead of time though aside from appearing developed. Makes me pretty lucky though cause I haven't had many cramps or headaches at all in the past 10 years.

My period started when I was in school. I was 12 at the time so it's be awhile. I can't really remember anything strange or out of the ordinary happening around that time. I wasn't really shocked. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

My breast didn't developed until I was almost 14 years old. I was as sophomore in high school (US). I definitely remember has some very painful chest pains. They were bad enough that I let my mom take me to the doctor. The doctor told me what was happening. I didn't think I would ever have breast and since most of the women and girls in immediate family are small breasted, I thought I would be too. I was very wrong. My breast developed and I've been wishing for smaller ones since then.
Even though my daughter is just going to be ten, her breasts are developing because she's quite well-endowed, if you know what I mean. I think it's mostly fat. Our breasts are actually mostly fat. When I gain weight, my breasts get bigger first and when I lose weight, my breasts get smaller first too. So if my daughter were to lose some weight, I think her breasts would become smaller too.

Unlike you, I had my first period when I was at home. I didn't know what to do because my mom never talk to me about it. I've only attended a talk conducted by a nurse at school. I thought I had pooped in my panties so I kept changing my panties until my mom noticed what I was doing and that's when I realized I had my period. There were no signs prior to my first period that I was going to experience my first period so I don't think I can prepare my daughter for it except to tell her what to expect and what to do when it happens.

I got mine when I was 9 (yikes!). First in my class and most developed. I didn't have any signs ahead of time though aside from appearing developed. Makes me pretty lucky though cause I haven't had many cramps or headaches at all in the past 10 years.
She is really just starting to develop. I am hoping she doesn't get it when she is visiting her Dad! I was 12 when I got mine and on a road trip to Florida-at least I was with a friend and her Mom! They used to say that your daughter will get her period around the same time as you, but I have seen that to be proved wrong a lot lately.

My daughter started her cycle at the age of 9. I think if your daughter is developing breast, her period is not far off. If you have not spoken to her about this change yet, I would do it soon. You don't want her scared to death when it happens.

I too have a daughter who's going to be ten next month and her breasts too are getting bigger that she needs to wear a bra under her shirt. But she hasn't complained about her breasts getting sore. Maybe if it's too painful for your daughter that her breasts are getting sore, you should consult with your doctor about it and with regards to starting her period, I'm not sure what are the signs. I would be interested to know if there are signs that we can look out for that would indicate the onset of a child's period. I don't want my daughter to be caught unawares and panic especially if it happens while she's in school. That would be terrible.
The way that she explains the sore breasts, it sounds a lot like the discomfort we sometimes get a few days before the period starts. But it has been on and off for a little while now. I am hoping she is home with me when she starts! I was just surprised how early she was developing and then the attitude change. Still a good girl, you can just see a difference in attitude and also a more mature young girl.

My daughter started her cycle at the age of 9. I think if your daughter is developing breast, her period is not far off. If you have not spoken to her about this change yet, I would do it soon. You don't want her scared to death when it happens.
We have had the talk, but I am not sure she was paying attention as much as I would like her to. She kind of does the "yeah, yeah Mom are we done?" I also bought her a book all about the girls body. It covers younger age to puberty and the period. It covers the important issues well I think. She loves to read and has been reading this book often and asking questions which is good. When I sit her down to talk she wants nothing to do with the conversation, but at least she comes to me with questions in the book!

The way that she explains the sore breasts, it sounds a lot like the discomfort we sometimes get a few days before the period starts. But it has been on and off for a little while now. I am hoping she is home with me when she starts! I was just surprised how early she was developing and then the attitude change. Still a good girl, you can just see a difference in attitude and also a more mature young girl.
I too hope that my daughter will get her first period while she's at home. I've been preparing her for it like talking about it to her and telling her what she should do if her first period comes and what to expect and so on.

Frankly, I can't remember when my first three girls got theirs and where they got their first period. But there were times when they had their periods while in school and they would call me from school to get them home because they get stomach cramps at the onset of their first day of their period.

I know about the attitude. My third daughter has quite an attitude after she reached puberty but I managed to get her to behave herself a bit. She started to be so irritable with her younger sister and a little demanding too. But she knows how far she can go.

Werbung:
I too hope that my daughter will get her first period while she's at home. I've been preparing her for it like talking about it to her and telling her what she should do if her first period comes and what to expect and so on.

Frankly, I can't remember when my first three girls got theirs and where they got their first period. But there were times when they had their periods while in school and they would call me from school to get them home because they get stomach cramps at the onset of their first day of their period.

I know about the attitude. My third daughter has quite an attitude after she reached puberty but I managed to get her to behave herself a bit. She started to be so irritable with her younger sister and a little demanding too. But she knows how far she can go.

My older daughter gets an attitude with her little sister, but her little sister gives her quite an attitude too. It is hard to say which one is worse to the other! I talked to the Dr because she has been getting stomach aches too and he said that it is very possible she will be getting her period shortly. I was 12 when I got mine, but I didn't have as many hormones in the chicken. We raised a lot of our own chickens when I was a kid. They say this can make a difference.

Back