• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Weight

Jenn

I've calculated my weight many times on different sites for BMI. Each time I get different results with the same input!

Last year I was a bit overweight for my height. I was about 5"1 and I was 118 pounds.

So over the summer and such I came a long way.

I'm 5"2 now and 100-103 pounds, it kind of ranges.

I'm not some diet freak, I'm not anorexic, I eat what I what when I want it. I just want to know how to correctly get my BMI or find out if my weight is good. I like to keep myself healthy and fit and all of that, and my check up with the doctor isn't for a while yet, so I just want to know somehow, if you know what I mean.

I think I look pretty good, much healthier than last year, and I'm much happier.

Some people do say now I look underweight though
<
<
Apparently I'm one of the "skinniest" or the "skinniest" girl/s in my grade, according to my friend.

I don't want to look pin thin or anything which I know I'm not, and of course I see myself differently than others do.
<

Any opinions about the weight?

Werbung:
I usually never use BMI. It just depresses me lol~! I judge my weight by how my clothes fit. (right now none of my clothes fit at all yet I won't go to the gym)..

But my husband does physical training test for some guys at his work (he's in the air force) and he uses this site http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ a lot to figure out BMI's. My doctor used the same site as well

According to that my BMI is 18.3.

My clothes seem to fit me, but they always get big in the winter.

For jeans I wear a 0 or 2.
Shirts a small.

Weight is just a number!
You have to be comfortable with yourself!
<

That's what I try to tell myself.

I want to tone up and work out but I have absolutely no motivation to do so at all!

See that's the problem, i'm not comfortable with myself. And you would think that I would do something about it, but last year from january-may I worked out daily and didn't lose a thing. I changed my diet, cut out sugar (I have a blood sugar disorder anyway so that helped with that problem), started drinking only diet dr. pepper and a lot of water. So I gave up. Went to the doctor, and they said nothing was wrong with me, and my thyroid was fine and they suggested a diet pill which for one, I couldn't afford, and two, I feel that diet pills are temporary, and I can't be on them for the rest of my life. wow I got wayy off topic.........

So back to the BMI stuff lol!

Nah! The topic isn't BMI! Just weight :]

Well I don't know how I lost so much. I lost like 17 pounds in a year. Which I guess isn't much but it's still some. I switched from soda to water and SOME diet coke. I drank a glass of orange juice daily. Took 2 vitamins per day, one being a Flinstone, one being pure Vitamin C. I don't really exercise except for gym class LOL.
Maybe you should see a nutritionest and find out which types of food are good for you and not good for you.

<

Oh yeah how about that BMI [LOL]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jenn @ Dec 3 2006, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Weight is just a number!
You have to be comfortable with yourself!
<
[/b]
I totally agree with you on that!!

I'm comfortable with my weight but I'd love to tone up a little... but as you say, I lack motivation
<

My main problem is that the gym I go to (here on the air force base) there are mainly guys that go to it and I feel uncomfortable and I can't afford to buy a membership to any other. I think I should just go and get it over with and say to h*ll with the guys there lol

As a guy with very little physical appeal, I find it hard also going to work out. In fact I gave it up in Australia....

That being said.. Im very light for my size... I feel like a stick most of the time. lol

So, I take it you don't like feeling like a stick?
[Hey it's just a question, I guess some people like the light weight]

I'll make you some cookies like you suggested in your Christmas thread, that'll do the trick
<

i also believe weight is just a number.

there is an invention that will tell you if your physique is fine, whether your hair is straight and helps with doing your make-up... it's called a mirror.
<

Werbung:
:S i just calculated my bmi out of interest.
im 5ft 8 and weigh 114pounds.... my bmi is 17.5. im underweight
<
but i eat like a horse! I WANT CURVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back