• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Ways to Make A Good Marriage Stay That Way

NYC001

I'm a happily married newlywed who's husband is very busy and I was just wondering what things you all do to remind your husband you love him!

Werbung:
There are lots of little things I do to make sure my partner knows I'm thinking about him. We're not married but we've been living together for 5+ years so we're common law.

He works long hours and I do freelance work from home, so I try to take on most of the housework and make sure that he comes home to a clean, inviting apartment at the end of the day. I also do most of the cooking, so when he comes home after a stressful day at work there are no chores for him to worry about and he can just unwind. If I know he's having a particularly hard week I'll do little things like cook his favourite meal or pick up a 6 pack of the beer he likes.

Another thing is that I'll often let him know how much I appreciate everything he does for us. Guys aren't always great at picking up on hints, so instead I try to directly tell him that I recognize how hard he's working.

He's just as good as being thoughtful towards me, too, which I think is what makes our relationship work so well :)

Werbung:
Communication is the biggest key to keeping relationships strong, in my opinion.

It's fine to do a few nice things here and there for him, but you don't need to go overboard. If you do, the nice "extra" touches will soon become expected things. After 20 years, I still do little things for my husband too, just not constantly. I want those things to be surprises that make him feel good... I don't want them to start to feel "old hat."

Send him a cute text once in a while. Greet him happily when he comes home. It doesn't have to be big to make him feel good.

Back