1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Ways to Make A Good Marriage Stay That Way

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by NYC001, Sep 19, 2015.

1. NYC001

NYC001 New Member

I'm a happily married newlywed who's husband is very busy and I was just wondering what things you all do to remind your husband you love him!

2. prettydoll

prettydoll New Member

There are lots of little things I do to make sure my partner knows I'm thinking about him. We're not married but we've been living together for 5+ years so we're common law.

He works long hours and I do freelance work from home, so I try to take on most of the housework and make sure that he comes home to a clean, inviting apartment at the end of the day. I also do most of the cooking, so when he comes home after a stressful day at work there are no chores for him to worry about and he can just unwind. If I know he's having a particularly hard week I'll do little things like cook his favourite meal or pick up a 6 pack of the beer he likes.

Another thing is that I'll often let him know how much I appreciate everything he does for us. Guys aren't always great at picking up on hints, so instead I try to directly tell him that I recognize how hard he's working.

He's just as good as being thoughtful towards me, too, which I think is what makes our relationship work so well :)

SassyPrincess and Zynni like this.
  3. Zynni

Zynni Member

Communication is the biggest key to keeping relationships strong, in my opinion.

It's fine to do a few nice things here and there for him, but you don't need to go overboard. If you do, the nice "extra" touches will soon become expected things. After 20 years, I still do little things for my husband too, just not constantly. I want those things to be surprises that make him feel good... I don't want them to start to feel "old hat."

Send him a cute text once in a while. Greet him happily when he comes home. It doesn't have to be big to make him feel good.

SassyPrincess and Margit like this.