• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Was I Wrong To Defend My BF?

Sarah94

Hi I'm 22, female. I went out to a club with my boyfriend and he got into a fight with two guys there, but one of the guys was a little person! like less than 3' tall. My bf starting fighting with the big guy and me and the little guy just stood on the side watching. At first shorty didn't do anything, but when my bf got taken down on the ground, he suddenly joined in and started to kick at him and punch him. I got angry so I grabbed his hand when he tried to punch again and I picked him up and took him over to the side away from the fight and held him there until it was over. Was I wrong to do this? or was it a fair fight since he was the one who started it?

Werbung:
I don't think anyone can say there is a right or wrong. Fighting is wrong full stop and you haven't said why the fight started out and why the little person joined in it would be wrong to say anything. The only time a fight is justified is self-defense if someone tried to physically harm you.

There isn't such thing as a fair fight and to be honest the best thing would have been to stop your boyfriend fighting in the first place IMHO.

Werbung:
You know, I also don't know the specifics... but seriously, if a little person was waiting for someone to be on the ground just so they could feel empowered enough to have at it and attack violently that person, I would call that a lack of moral character (or, in simpler words, an asshole). Seriously, his size does give him an handicap, sure. But it should not give him the privilege of violence. It's not even like you retaliated and punched him, you just put an end to that crap. Why would that be wrong? Why would that little person be justified in mixing in the action, but you would need to stay still and not move and just wait?

Simpler still: why would it be right to standby while two guys beat your boyfriend who's on the ground?
Simple answer: it wouldn't be.

Which, yeah, Gabriellea is right, the best thing to do would be to have stopped the fight even earlier. But you might have had good reasons, so just picking up the small guy would still be a good step, considering you probably could not have picked up the other one.

Back