• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Valentines? Do You Celebrate?

Valentines? Do you celebrate?

• Total voters

Snowbaby

<div align='center'>
<
Valentines? Do you celebrate?
<
</div>

Werbung:
Never! Valentine's day is just annoying. Not to mention it falls on the coldest month of the year.

... does Bah Humbug work for Valentine's Day?
<

works for me Tilly
<

Romantic pffffffffffffft

Tis much more romantic when someone comes home with a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates just for the sheer hell of it rather than because all the shops are telling them that is what they should do.

So no, sorry Subby but you won't be seeing a card from me but on the plus side I am in the minority of women who find it perfectly acceptable not to receive anything either.

I
<
you all year round anyway

As it happens, I rarely buy flowers on Valentine's day - I agree with Thistle's philosophy - you should be buying those for your gal the rest of the year round (and I do). For Valentine's day I prefer to plan something just a little bit more special - usually I sneak the day off work and arrange for her to be somewhere else (letting her go shopping with my credit card usually does the trick) while I tidy the house from top to bottom, prepare a Candlelit bath for her return and then get ready for her surprise evening - a romantic candlelit dinner for two followed by a night at the theatre has been the best that i've been able to organise so far.

Some years it seems nearly impossible to get anything booked. When it's one of those then I usually end up cooking the candlelit dinner for two, followed by watching a DVD together, mixed with some wine and gentle hugging.

I like Valentine's day. Why shouldn't people who are inlove also have a day of their own? It's good to celebrate love!
Sure, you can say it's only silly to buy gifts cause all the stores tell you to do so, but..
Of course you can buy each other stuff the whole year round and/or take care of each other, do something special for your partner, something romantic...and it really doesn't matter did you people decide to celebrate it or not, as long as you love and take care of each other.
But I think it's nice to have something that adds your life a bit of color - aren't all holidays actually there just because of it? We celebrate New Year, and when you come to think of it, it's new only to the western civilisation, and not to the entire world..and the world exists more than 2007 years
<

Still, we celebrate it..why? Panem and circenses
<
(bread&games, as the Romans used to say, give that to the people, and they will be satisfied
<
)
So I enjoy in Valentine's day just like I enjoy in every other holiday..and it's nice when your guy remembers it and decides to do something sweet..like you Tiggs, what you do is really sweet!!
<

I do celebrate Valentines, it's a very sweet day. We don't buy any gifts though and we don't do anything very special because every day is good to show your loved one how much you care. During Valentines we usually cook something delicious:D

Nope, I don't.

I have exchanged small gifts in the past, but the day really isn't for me. I would rather be able to express my love on other days.

I did used to make a special meal for the kids, though, with hearts and whatnot. It was different for family things.

I don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. It's my one of my least favorite holidays whether I'm dating someone or not. There is just so much pressure on this day.

Werbung:
I like to celebrate it, but not with gifts or anything. I think buying gifts for v-day is incredibly dumb. You should just write a sweet letter or poem to your partner, something like that. :)

Back