• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Unfair Dismissal. Should I Sue?

Samualli

Hey guys,

i believe that i was unfairly dismissed from work (i work with tiddlyjen). what happened was that i got a call from my boss saying i was being made redundant. I then go th the workplace to hand in my shirt that i wear to work and i saw jenna and she told me that there was a new guy (what was it some friend of udaya's jenna?) working there and i saw him. either i was sacked because this guy wanted a job or he was just filling in temporarily.

What do i do?

Werbung:
im not sure, but i dont think he's being a temp, i think he got the job after you were fired, because he's a family friend of the corporate guy udaya does business with, i think, im not sure though dude,

did you hand your shirt in today??

<
<
<

You CAN'T be made redundant through a telephone call, your employer must discuss the situation with you first and give you the reasons behind the redundancy. You MUST also be given fair notice.

If your boss has used that excuse to just sacked you, which it sounds like he has, you then have a case for unfair dismissal.

Check out the law here.

Laws in the workplace

Did you get severance pay? I believe an employer does not have to give a reason for firing you so long as you are given severance pay, however if they did not you prolly have a case

Australian laws are different, in fact our government has gone out of its way to almost ban unfair dismissal cases.....

However, from what I understand about the way things work....

If you were signed up as a casual staff, in the contract it usually says how much notice you will receive.... Now, sometimes with casual staff it is immediate. However, that can be per employer.

With staff signed up on part time, they tend to have 2 weeks or more notice... and the longer they have been with the company, the longer period they get.

I worked for a place for 3 years, and got 6 weeks... I think.

But the problem will be, if your a casual employee... that usually entails that you dont get many hours a week.... you can be terminated without notice. However, Id check your work contract.

he didnt get a work contract, theyre so dodgy here i swear, im only getting 12.06 an hour, im 19 and do 28 hours a week, and on sats and suns my penatly rate is pitiful, 12.87! wtf!?it should be time and a half but nooo

I gather you have no Union either....

Well, I would hazard a guess that if they gave you no contract saying they will give you so many hours a week, that you may not be able to take much action... one way or the other.

However, you may be able to take action in regards to them not giving you a contract, or agreement....

And Jen, that sucks... my brother gets paid the same as that in one of his jobs.... But on the other hand I once got paid $2.37 an hour... at 17.... lol

Werbung:
Back