• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Ugh! Your Service Sucks!

digitalbrew

Sorry for the ranty title. My sister and I had some costumes sewn for a party and we were disappointed that they charged us so much while not being able to provide during the allotted time.

Here are our issues:

1. They said the costume could be finished by today. It wasn't.
2. When my sister called them to get the costumes, they said that it wasn't finished yet. So my sister offered to check it out to see the fit, they reasoned that they were closing as it was getting dark. Fortunately, she was able to convince them.
3. When we got there, we were disappointed that the costume needed a lot of revisions and the color of the cloth used wasn't the one we agreed upon.
4. This, aside from the fact that they did a crappy job sewing them.
5. They were even a bit rude while talking to us.

Shouldn't they have rejected the job if they couldn't finish it on time?

Werbung:
It really sounds like the job wasn't within their capabilities, but they were so desperate for the money. It's a sad state of affairs. They were rude because they were on the defensive. Yes, the shouldn't have taken the job. Do you think you can get any part of your money back?

Ugh, that really sucks. It definitely sounds they weren't capable of completing the job and took more than they could handle.

What did you do? Did you tell them not to bother or are they still going to fix the costume for you?

How did you find such incapable people to do the job? They're obviously not cut out for the job that they've promised you. If I were you, I would have cancelled the order and take my order somewhere else. They're obviously in breach of the contract. You shouldn't be liable to pay them anything.

That sounds like terrible customer service. I would ask them for discount for all of your troubles. If it is not too late I would cancel the order and take it elsewhere. I would also write to the owner or manager and let them know the problems you have had. You may get something out of it.

How did you find such incapable people to do the job? They're obviously not cut out for the job that they've promised you. If I were you, I would have cancelled the order and take my order somewhere else. They're obviously in breach of the contract. You shouldn't be liable to pay them anything.

Unfortunately, we didn't have much of a choice. We were looking for seamstresses for a costume which was needed to be finished by the day of the party which was on the 19th. It wasn't perfect... and my sister was quite disappointed with the outcome of one of the dresses which was just plain ugly for the price we paid for it. But we are partly guilty for having it sewn especially during the Christmas season.

That sounds like terrible customer service. I would ask them for discount for all of your troubles. If it is not too late I would cancel the order and take it elsewhere. I would also write to the owner or manager and let them know the problems you have had. You may get something out of it.

No, unfortunately, we weren't able to ask for a discount. And we didn't have much of a choice because everybody seemed booked. The seamstresses are the owner themselves which is just annoying because there was only three of them and the other person who did the sewing did a really awful job. We got the costumes the day of the Christmas party so we weren't able to properly fit them. :( One was good while the other was revolting!

Unfortunately, we didn't have much of a choice. We were looking for seamstresses for a costume which was needed to be finished by the day of the party which was on the 19th. It wasn't perfect... and my sister was quite disappointed with the outcome of one of the dresses which was just plain ugly for the price we paid for it. But we are partly guilty for having it sewn especially during the Christmas season.
I understand. During such seasons when there are more demand than supply, customers may not have much choice. All the good seamstresses are fully booked so customers can't help but to go to whoever is available. That's just too bad but since you're desperate to have the costume made, I can understand why you accept a sub-par job. Next time you know better than to go back to that seamstress even when you're desperate.

I understand. During such seasons when there are more demand than supply, customers may not have much choice. All the good seamstresses are fully booked so customers can't help but to go to whoever is available. That's just too bad but since you're desperate to have the costume made, I can understand why you accept a sub-par job. Next time you know better than to go back to that seamstress even when you're desperate.

So true. My sister's officemate recommended a good seamstress who made costumes pretty well. Unfortunately, she was so booked for the month that the ones who wanted to employ her services were all rejected.

This was the first time we went to the market and have costumes sewn. At least we now know who we could rely on when it comes to making them the way we envision it.

So true. My sister's officemate recommended a good seamstress who made costumes pretty well. Unfortunately, she was so booked for the month that the ones who wanted to employ her services were all rejected.

This was the first time we went to the market and have costumes sewn. At least we now know who we could rely on when it comes to making them the way we envision it.
It's actually good business sense to reject orders that one cannot fill otherwise one will get dissatisfied customers as you had experienced with the seamstress that you hired. I've also experienced having my orders rejected by a seamstress because she's so flooded with orders. It's my fault. It's best to send in an order months ahead if you know that there will be many orders for the season.

Werbung:
It's actually good business sense to reject orders that one cannot fill otherwise one will get dissatisfied customers as you had experienced with the seamstress that you hired. I've also experienced having my orders rejected by a seamstress because she's so flooded with orders. It's my fault. It's best to send in an order months ahead if you know that there will be many orders for the season.

Exactly. The fact it, you won't be able to perfect it the first time around. There has to be a rule about second fittings. Because we found it absolutely necessary. The first job my sister gave was a maid costume. The maid costume was okay, but it had a lot of minor revisions done on it in order to look like the one in the picture.

The second two projects (given to two other seamstresses) were a disaster. These women looked at the pattern once and sew their own version of the costumes. It had a lot of mistakes after the initial fitting. Aside from the lacking portions of the design, the portion for the bust line was messed up. One of my niece's bra was visible through the screen like cloth covering the upper chest portion.

Back