• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Tornadoes Cause Chaos Across Britain

GossipQueen

Tornadoes cut a destructive swathe across the heart of England this morning, ripping roofs off houses, upending vehicles and flattening trees on a day of freak weather across the country.

Nuneaton, Northampton, Farnborough and Luton were all hit between 6am and 8am, with destructive winds also reported in areas of Nottinghamshire. There are no reports of any injuries.

Northampton was struck just before 7am, with a number of trees uprooted including one which landed on an empty school bus, removing part of its roof.

Andy Cooper, of the Cherry Lodge area of Northampton, told the Northampton Chronicle and Echo: "I was lying in bed at 6.55am. The house and bed shook and rumbled for about 10 seconds.

"I jumped out of bed, looked out of the window and pressed my hands against it to feel the glass moving in and out, which alarmed me because it was new double glazing fitted recently."

Source

Werbung:
Back