• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

This Therapy Works, Says Ms Teenager

Snowbaby

IT started with a tingling sensation, then Amanda Bryson got out of her wheelchair and walked.
The 19-year-old multiple sclerosis sufferer says she is mobile again just days after receiving revolutionary stem-cell treatment not available in Britain.
She is believed to be the first Scot to benefit from the controversial treatment provided at a private clinic in Holland.

However, the Multiple Sclerosis Society advised caution over the stem cell treatment, which it said had yet to undergo rigorous clinical trials.
Despite scepticism among British experts, the Inverness teenager, whose family had to raise £12,500 to send her to the PMC Clinic in Rotterdam, said she was living proof that the therapy worked.

She said: "It sounds shocking, but I could feel the difference after just five minutes. Since the treatment I have been transformed. I am doing things I couldn't do a year ago. Hopefully I will be fully recovered in a year."

Ms Bryson, who was struck down by the muscle-wasting disease five years ago, criticised ministers for failing to provide the pioneering treatment, or even funding stem cell research, on the NHS.

Source

Werbung:
Back