• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

The Healthy Homemade Fruit Roll Ups

MiszMariee

This is an awesome year round recipe especially for kids since they always grab FRUIT ROLL UPS during grocery runs (I am clearly still a kid inside because I grab them to), but it’s particularly great when you’re trying to use up the last of your abundant summer fruit. I had a giant bowl of peaches and nectarines in the fridge waiting to be used up so I decided to experiment. You could make this recipe with any fruit really any fruit. Apples, figs, pears, berries, or a tasty combination of all of them. This is a surprisingly sweet snack, but healthy and portable.

INGREDIENTS
3 large peaches or nectarines, or 8 apricots, or a mix of your favorite fruits
1 tbsp sugar

DIRECTIONS
Remove any pits (the large seed in the middle of the fruit) and roughly chop the fruit. Puree (blend to a liquid) the fruit and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Place a Silipat sheet on a baking sheet, and spread the puree thinly over the Silipat. You could also spread the puree onto a non stick baking sheet. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Farenheit, and bake the fruit leather for about 4 or 5 hours. When the fruit leather is ready (no longer sticky in the center and peels easily from the baking sheet), peel it up from the plastic wrap, cut into strips, and roll and serve.IMG_2326.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
Werbung:
This is fantastic, thanks! I have three kids that will love these. I am thinking we will make some up today:) So simple and probably way better than the grocery store ones. And much more fun making them instead of just buying them!

Werbung:
Thanks for the recipe! I do have a question. What would be the best way to store them, especially if you made quite a few? Since they are dried, can you keep them in a glass jar with a tight lid on your pantry shelf?

Back