• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stretch Mark Cream?

amylisa1127

I have lost 110 lbs this past year and I have horrible stretch marks. I see these commericials all the time for these creams but really do they work? I mean maybe for these girls that have tiny ones but I don't know if they would even begin to help me. Has anyone ever tried any of these? I'm probably going to look into having a tummy tuck.

Werbung:
I don't think any of the creams work at all. I've run across a few sites that check them and say that if they do anything, they just slightly lighten stretch marks. I hear laser surgery for them works but I haven't researched it too much. I hope you find something that works (and you can afford)!

I don't think any of the creams work at all. I've run across a few sites that check them and say that if they do anything, they just slightly lighten stretch marks.
Vampy is right. The only thing that those creams can do is lighten the marks and nothing more. I often watch short TV segments on stretch marks and most experts said that even surgeries or laser treatments can't completely erase stretch marks. I have some on my butt and my thighs. I got them when I got pregnant. I just live with them and said goodbye to low rise jeans.

Totally agree with you ladies. These creams won't really do us miracles.

My sister used an expensive stretch mark removal cream but all it did was lighten the color and never reduced the marks she wanted to get rid of. I believe it has been months then since she used it and yet it didn't showed great results.

I think the tummy tuck will remove a lot of those stretch marks but if you do have some left I heard laser surgery is pretty great.

Totally agree with you ladies. These creams won't really do us miracles.

My sister used an expensive stretch mark removal cream but all it did was lighten the color and never reduced the marks she wanted to get rid of. I believe it has been months then since she used it and yet it didn't showed great results.

Oh wow, I'm so jealous. Did the color actually fade? Then that's a totally win! There are no creams we can use on this earth to actually remove a stretchmark entirely but what some creams HOPEFULLY can do is to rush the fading process of the color of the stretchmark. My sources to this are womensmagazines, Doctor-related-TVshows and then media. x

I had stretch marks during and after pregnancy and you girls are correct, the stretch mark cream did not make my marks disappear but rather it made them lighter in color. If the stretch mark becomes lighter in color, the tendency is that it will look less visible especially from afar. But then, I know that the marks are still there, period.

Oh wow, I'm so jealous. Did the color actually fade? Then that's a totally win! There are no creams we can use on this earth to actually remove a stretchmark entirely but what some creams HOPEFULLY can do is to rush the fading process of the color of the stretchmark. My sources to this are womensmagazines, Doctor-related-TVshows and then media. x

Yes, it did. But I think mine experienced similar changes through time, but without the use of stretch mark creams. I really think it is just a waste of money since they are not really proven to eliminate those annoying marks we get from giving birth. :(

A friend of mine had tried some expensive stretchmarks cream remover before but had stopped using those since it does not really works as it was commercialized.
Laser stretchmarks removal process seems to be a good solution for those who are willing to spend more to get rid of it totally and can be sure it will be removed.

All stretchmark cream will do is lighten you wallet. When your skin stretches out to that degree, like after prenancy or a significant weight loss, the skin loses its elasticity. Picture a worn out rubber band. Same deal. Really blows. Believe me I know - after 3 pregnancies my tummy looks like a Bosnian landscape.

I agree with most here, they don't completely make them go away. The best they can do is lighten them which is still good for some people. That makes them a little less unsightly. As for pregnancy, using some creams at the start of pregnancy helps the skin stretch better so you don't get as many (if any) stretch marks.

I used one from Mary Kay I think it was. A friend gave it to me, I know I have it somewhere around here. I used it for a bit and it seemed to work a little bit. I would suggest going cheaper and gettign Shay (I know that's not the right spelling, I apologize) and cocoa butter cream. These should help. A product I'd suggest is burt's bees. I think they do have a stretch mark cream. I've been tempted to try it as I see it at work but haven't bought it yet. However, I do boast other burt's bees products so I'm sure this one would be no different.

No, you do not need expensive creams - there is one that a friend of mine used that is quite affordable and I think it was developed in Switzerland, called Bio Oil. There was a time you could get a free sample via writing to them, maybe do a google search?

I bought my own bottle, and although my own stretch marks were not severe...the skin is completely clear and smooth. So maybe give it a shot, first maybe with a free sample. I will always use it...it can be used for scars too.

I am going to have to get my hands on Bio Oil! I'm in the process of losing weight and plan on losing 80 plus pounds. I already have some stretch marks on my arms and sides of my stomach, but I absolutely hate them. I might have to just get a nip and tuck here if I have excess skin.

Werbung:
I have always wondered the same thing about creams. I have been tempted to try some out but didn't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work at all. I am glad I didn't, since you guys are saying they only fade the color some. I have had stretch marks since I was little and don't know why. They never used to bother me much but as I'm getting older they do. I'm going to give Bio Oil a try and hopefully it will work for me.

Back