• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stress Relief

tater03

I am very stressed right with a number of financial issues going on at the moment. I find being so stressed is making me short tempered and irritable. Are there any natural remedies or really anything to help deal with stress? I hate being this way, because this is not generally like me. Thanks.

Werbung:
Try adding some Ginseng, basil, or Valerian to your daily diet. These herbs all have the natural ability to help with stress. Also, the cantaloupe can lessen the mental and physical toll of tense times too. The fruit's vitamin C lowers the adrenal glands output of the stress hormone cortisol.

Deep breathing really helps with relieving stress. Just concentrate on breathing deeper - our breath tends to become shallow when stressed --> in this case, breathing becomes key.

Also, just taking a long bath with some aromatherapy oil for relaxation (read the contraindications though, as it is very effective, know when or when you must not take it).

For me, exercise works best. Possibly go for a run, a dance or a kick boxing class? Just to release the adrenaline that your body produces during the stress response.

All the best ~ also a nice warm cup of chamomile tea with a dash of honey kicks some serious stress ass.

My answer is hugging:) . You need to be hugged by a person that you love - your boyfriend or a really dear family member. I know it always helps me when I can hide in my boyfriend's arms for a while. And talking is very helpful too. When I talk to someone about what stresses me, it immediately becomes less scary.

Meditation. Meditation is a great reliever of stress. I always feel more center and grounded after I meditate. It's cheap and fairly easy to do. It does take practice.

Prayer and meditation has helped me a lot too when I dealt with the same issue. Also take deep breaths. You can try these during exercises and yoga too. Chamomile tea helps calm you down as well as a good comedy show for laughter. Laughter is a good added stress-reliever because it secretes endorphins and other hormones to help increase your immune system. Laugh even when you don't feel like laughing. You will be surprised at how much better you feel and how contagious it can be!

When I have the blahs, I do something outdoors. I have felt the way that you do and after being outside and enjoying the fresh air, sunshine, trees, blooming flowers, etc., I feel so much better. I sometimes go for a walk in a national park if I have the time. But even if all I do is get outside and walk around the block, I feel so much better and energized when I get back. I can clear my mind while enjoying the simple things in life while outside. Somehow that always makes me feel better. Good luck.

Werbung:
I understand where you are coming from and I have found that small adjustments in my daily life help me manage stress and yes my crankiness better.

1. A study at the University College London reveals that drinking black tea has a calming effect. Accordingly this is due to the polyphenols and flavonoids it contains, so I now drink tea instead of coffee.

2. I listen to calming music like the one used for a Yoga class. Don't shrug it off as a University of Osaka study proves that people in a hospital waiting for a colonoscopy experienced less stress when soothing music was played.

3. According to research dark colored vegetables and fruits loaded with vitamin C helps your body deal with stress by lowering cortisol levels. When planning the family menu I incorporate as much of these as I can.

4. If you have the budget a weekly massage helps reduce stress. In fact a study at the Emory universtiy department of psychiatry found that massage session's benefits last several days and not just for several hours.

Back