• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Stolen Organs

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess Pyro @ Feb 9 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In some countries (Saudia Arabia I know for a fact, but many others) people are kidnapped off the street for organs, if the right price is played. In a book I read, by a woman who rights for a Saudi Arabian woman, it tellsof thislady whotold the storyofher daughter. Her daughter was kidnapped from the front of their house, and was gone for weeks. She then reappeared with several thousand dollars in a bag. X-rays revealed that she had had one of her kidneys taken for sale. Mostlylikely to some rich businessman with a sick daughter.[/b]

Hm...but then..she actually sold her organ? I doubt that someone actually kidnapps you, then cuts you open and then - gives you the money? Have I misunderstood something?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nautica @ Feb 8 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, it seems like if I had access to stolen organs, then I must not be at a hospital, right? I'd be in an apartment, on someone's kitchen table, getting cut open with a rusty and dull scalpel, with a bottle of corn whiskey for anesthesia AND antiseptic...

I'd have to pass...

;)[/b]

Thats nut!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mary @ Aug 21 2008, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Princess Pyro @ Feb 9 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In some countries (Saudia Arabia I know for a fact, but many others) people are kidnapped off the street for organs, if the right price is played. In a book I read, by a woman who rights for a Saudi Arabian woman, it tellsof thislady whotold the storyofher daughter. Her daughter was kidnapped from the front of their house, and was gone for weeks. She then reappeared with several thousand dollars in a bag. X-rays revealed that she had had one of her kidneys taken for sale. Mostlylikely to some rich businessman with a sick daughter.[/b]

Hm...but then..she actually sold her organ? I doubt that someone actually kidnapps you, then cuts you open and then - gives you the money? Have I misunderstood something?
[/b][/quote]

I appologise for not making myself clearer.

Her daughter was kidnapped from in front of their house, and was returned a few weeks later with the mioney, I guess as a way of 'compensation'.

This was a little question from todays poll on my home page: Would you accepta stolen organ, if it would save your life?
I do not know...if there was no other choice...depending on the circumstances...if it was stolen and not already assigned to someone else YES i would take it...but if it was already assigned to save another NO i wouldnt thats not fair...

Maybe I will, if there's nobody to claim it. But if there's other organ that I can use other than the stolen one then I won't probably accept it.

Honestly, I don't know. But if it already transplanted before I knew it, I guess no choice..:) But if I know it before the operation...A big NO, No, No.. for me. I can't carry that organ that was stolen from somebody else...

Dunno. If I learnt it after the operation, I would kill myself probably. However, I don't know what I would answer to this question before the operation...:rolleyes: Either way or another, it'd mean a destruction to me...

I guess two reasons that i could accept it. Is the owner of the stolen organ already dead, if so maybe i could accept it cause it would not make a difference bringing it back to the owner and will just do good for hid family (of course i would not say i have the stolen organ cause they might kill me if that is the reason why the owner had died. Or is the owner still alive and could still survive without that organ? (like kidneys) then i could accept it too and would just help him in anyway i could do or pay if he wants too.:p

If the person was killed specifically for the organ then no, I couldn't take it. If someone kidnapped them and took it against their will but they didn't die or suffer any serious disability (for instance, they took a kidney, not their heart) then honestly I'd probably go ahead and take it. I'd like to take the high road and not take it but when you're on the verge of dying your survival instincts kick in...I think everyone would like to say "oh no that is so wrong I wouldn't do that" but realistically, most of us would probably take it.

Werbung:
I'd love to say that I wouldn't, since I don't consider my life to be particularly special. I guess it would depend on where I was in my life and how happy I was with my life. If I was feeling pretty desperate to stay alive, I might just take it.

Back