• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Something to keep in mind

Snowbaby

Dear Friends

Something I would like to share with you... I received from a good friend who had a choice to make. It said that I had a choice to make too. I've chosen. Now it's your turn to choose.

The story goes that some time ago a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became even more upset when the child pasted the gold paper so as to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy." The father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty. He spoke to her in a harsh manner, "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?" The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was full."

The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arm around his little girl, and he begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later and it is told that the father kept that gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. And whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there. In a very real sense, each of us as human beings have been given a golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Werbung:
  • Friends are like angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. Think positive and act. This is nice - finding something positive out of every negative, which we don't always manage to do.
  • I am thankful. For the husband or wife who snores all night because they are
    at home asleep and not with someone else.
  • For the children who complain about doing dishes, because that means they
    are at home and not on the streets.
  • For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
  • For the mess to clean after a party, because it means, that I have been surrounded by friends.
  • For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to
    eat.
  • For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
  • For a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need cleaning, because it means I have a home.
  • For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
  • For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
  • For the noise I have to bear from my neighbors, because it means that I can hear.
  • For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
  • For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard. For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.

Werbung:
Back