• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Sex Of The Baby

Dreek Lass

I have a friend who is currently pregnant. She already has two sons, and this third baby wasn't planned. She doesn't want anymore children, but she has fallen pregnant this third time, and so she says that she wants a girl now, because she feels as though it is her last chance to have a girl, as this is the last child that she wants to have.

She said that is she has a boy she will be grateful for the fact that he is healthy and all of that, but she said that she will be so disappointed if it is not a girl.

I have tried to offer her some comfort, but it is hard. What would you say to her?

Werbung:
I think that you don't have to say anything special to cheer her up. Every child is a miracle. Now, she feels that a boy would be a disappointment...but she hasn't seen him yet, she hasn't hold him yet. When you hold a newborn child, it changes everything.
I hope that it will be a girl, but I'm sure that a boy would make your friend happy too, she just doesn't know it yet.

I think that you don't have to say anything special to cheer her up. Every child is a miracle. Now, she feels that a boy would be a disappointment...but she hasn't seen him yet, she hasn't hold him yet. When you hold a newborn child, it changes everything.
I hope that it will be a girl, but I'm sure that a boy would make your friend happy too, she just doesn't know it yet.

Thank you for the advice, claudine :) I did think that my friend was being a little superficial at first here, with the whole she wanta a girl thing. My auntie went through the same thing when she had children. She always wanted a girl and ended up having two boys. Apparently, when the second boy was born, she refused to hold him and it didn't help that he wasn't cute either lol. People can be very shallow. but the more I speak to my friend about this the more it becomes clear that she is just worried about maybe never ever getting to experience raising a daughter, which is understandable.But I will keep reenforcing for her that the baby that she has is going to be this amazing gift regardless.

Werbung:
Thank you for the advice, claudine :) I did think that my friend was being a little superficial at first here, with the whole she wanta a girl thing. My auntie went through the same thing when she had children. She always wanted a girl and ended up having two boys. Apparently, when the second boy was born, she refused to hold him and it didn't help that he wasn't cute either lol. People can be very shallow. but the more I speak to my friend about this the more it becomes clear that she is just worried about maybe never ever getting to experience raising a daughter, which is understandable.But I will keep reenforcing for her that the baby that she has is going to be this amazing gift regardless.
I can't imagine not wanting to hold your baby just because it is a boy! I didn't think about the sex of my first baby because I was going to be happy with either - this was a baby that was a miracle growing inside me. My second I was hoping was a girl, but then was thinking ok if she was really a boy that would have been great too. I had 2 girls.

I think (and hope) your friend will be happy either way. I remember getting a little worried about things and also a little anxious during my second pregnancy. Of course when she was born and I held her, the stress and worries all went away quickly :)

I am sure your friend will love her child as much as her boys she already has. If it was unplanned, there can be other anxiety there - especially when you already have children and were not expecting to have any more. I hope it is a girl for your friend to have the opportunity to raise a girl, but I am sure she will love a boy just the same.

Back