• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Self-Imposed Day-Off, Anyone?

digitalbrew

Yesterday, I assigned myself a nice day-off where I lounged around the house spending hours watching TV and falling asleep on the couch. It's been a long time since I watched TV for more than an hour and even then, I wasn't fully concentrating on it.

Having no boundaries or schedule in your work can be difficult. One of the dilemmas of working an online job is that you can often decide on what schedule you want. So I assigned myself a Tuesday day-off.

How many of you prefer take day-offs any day of the week aside from the more accustomed Saturday and Sunday?

Werbung:
I don't usually, but I really need to. I think I took most of Sunday off to spend time with my boyfriend and our family. It was nice.

My problem is, I find it very difficult to relax. Because like you said, having no set schedule (or relatively--I do work 2 days per week outside the home also) makes it difficult to know when you should be working--so I tend to think I should always be working and feel guilty if I'm not.

I don't do that, but it's mostly because I need to work as much as possible.

I do still take some time off in general, though, so it's not like I work *all* the time. I may go out with a friend on a Thursday night or watch a movie on a Sunday afternoon. The next week, it may be at a completely different time or on a different day.

I haven't had a self-imposed day off in a long time. When I try to take a day off I feel guilty. I do take off blocks of time during the day, but not complete days. I really want to be able to stop doing my day job so I have to work hard online. I also want to move away from my roommates so that drives me too.

I'm a philosophy student and it means I have plenty of time for myself and I love it:D . But I also have to work because I really need the money. Fortunately I really like what I do and it isn't exhausting at all.
I take a day off when I need it, it doesn't happen too often though.

I need to do this for myself *sooooo* desperately, but like someone else said here, I feel guilty when I try to do it. I know I work too much and even on weekends, but... well it's just not easy for me to take a mental health day.

Maybe now that I'm thinking about it, I'll try again. It probably should be a day other than the weekend, huh? Because I'm already supposed to have Saturday and Sunday free. Well tomorrow *is* Friday! Sounds kind of exciting actually. :whistle:

I used to have a weekly designated day of the week off and then things changed and that turned into a different day, then a different half day. Eventually it became whenever I can afford to take some time to pull back a bit to avoid burnout. The last two days I pushed a little harder so I gave myself a lighter day today just for a bit of balance.

I don't take days off and stay home. I don't get paid time off work, so if I'm going to take time off from work and my husband is going to use vacation time then we go on vacation. It's easy for us to do though because my dad lives in FLorida so that's vacation enough.

I made sure to have Mondays completely off, aka no classes on that day, and crammed most of my classes on Thursdays and Fridays. I'm not so sure if it was a good idea, though, haha. I mean, it's nice to have one designated day where I don't have to go to school, but on the other hand, I just sleep all day in my house and don't get much of my personal projects done, which makes me feel terrible.

My days off are Sunday and Monday since that's my hubby's day off. I also work online so I am able to assign which days to free. Unfortunately it doesn't feel like it because when the hubby is at home you take care of the hubby. I do try to minimize housework on those days so I don't feel to stressed. I leave most chores like laundry etc for other days.

Werbung:
My days off are Sunday and Monday since that's my hubby's day off. I also work online so I am able to assign which days to free. Unfortunately it doesn't feel like it because when the hubby is at home you take care of the hubby. I do try to minimize housework on those days so I don't feel to stressed. I leave most chores like laundry etc for other days.

Sounds to me as though you need one day off with hubby and one day off on your own! You should rotate your off days since you have the ability to make your own schedule. That way you can have some me time even if only one day per month.

Back