• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Pope John Paul II dies in Vatican

Snowbaby

Pope John Paul II, the third longest-serving pontiff in history, has died at the age of 84.

The Pope died at 2137 local time (1937 GMT) in the Vatican on Saturday following a series of worsening health problems including heart failure.

Many thousands of people gathered in Rome's St Peter's Square to pay tribute to the pontiff, while church bells throughout the city began tolling.

He is said to have continued to receive visitors until close to the end.

According to the last medical bulletin issued just two hours before he died he had been able to respond occasionally to those around him.

Source

Werbung:
I have to say, I'm not religious by any means and certainly no great lover of Catholocism but I had the greatest respect for The Pope and am very sad to see him go.

R.I.P

<

I know what you mean, Im not religious in any way but i definately think he was a great guy, theres a special spot in heaven for him now
<

I think it's a very sad time ,with so much happening in the world to lose him now.
<

I was there when he died. My friend had his rosary blessed a day before his heart attack, and we saw him come out on the balcony for the last time. This woman had this breakdown right beside us, it was really sad.

Werbung:
Back