• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Phobias

thistle

Mine is soooooo boring.

Spiders !! urgh ! I hate everything about them !!!! I don't like that they have so many legs and that they are hairy and that they can bite but most of all I hate that they bite things and liquidise their insides and then suck it out, god that is disgusting !

Oh and I have a thing about windows at night......curtains HAVE to be closed!!! I can't bear looking at a window and seeing darkness outside, I THINK this goes back to me watching too many horror films where faces pop up at the window lol.

Werbung:
<
@ the windows... that's similar to mine, I CANNOT sleep with the closet doors open. I will toss and turn until they are closed.

I don't think I have a phobia. I have things I don't like, such as heights, but I wouldn't say it's a deathly fear.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are lucky tilly, I get the cold sweats when I see a spider in here lol

And all this crap about "Face your fear" ? HAHAHA ! I was brave a few years ago and when me and my sister inlaw took her kids to an animal handling session I put my hand out to hold the tarantula!! I DID ! Aaaaaaaaaand it was in my hand for at least 10 minutes (felt like it anyway) I was fine when my eyes were closed cos it kinda felt a bit like a hamster lol but as soon as I fully realised that I had had a live spider in contact with my skin I started sweating.......the girl said "you can hold her for longer longer if you want" and I replied "no tis fine" .......she said "you sure?" ...

I replied "YES ! can you take her now please? PLEASE? LIKE NOW !" and apparently went kinda green lmao

ah well, least I can say I tried
<

That's better than I did, though. I haven't and wouldn't hold a tarantula. Blech!

I don't mind the house spiders though. I just get the fly swatter and give them a good wack, then flussshhhhh.
<

I was the designated spider-killer in one of my past relationships.
<

Deffo spiders. and also... I have a fear of dry cotton wool, well I'm not sure it's a "fear" as such, but I cannot stand the feel of it, it makes me cringe sooooooo bad, and makes me clench my teeth and yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ Oct 18 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Deffo spiders. and also... I have a fear of dry cotton wool, well I'm not sure it's a "fear" as such, but I cannot stand the feel of it, it makes me cringe sooooooo bad, and makes me clench my teeth and yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Picks up cotton wool and squeezes it

*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak*

lol sorry, my sister in law has that phobia as well ............shame my mum didn't know and bought her a bumper pack of squeaky cotton wool when my nephew was born lmao

I had a pet tarantulas so I can't say spiders are a phobia. I do have a fear of heights and enclosed spaces. Animal fears, has to be anything rodent-like... squirrels, chipmunks, rats, rabbits, chihuahuas lmao! kidding about the chihuahuas...

Ooh, weird, BlueStar's post made me remember that I DO have a phobia (thankfully it's not something I encounter often
<
)

But it's the claustraphobia / enclosed spaces. I get short of breath and I panic! I haven't been in that situation much so it's not a huge bother to me, but it's happened. When I was a kid my friend's dad had bought a new car, and for some reason I wanted to go in the trunk and have him close it, because it was so big I knew I'd fit.

Not a split second after he closed it did I start screaming and kicking like I was posessed. It was a total freak panic attack and I didn't see it coming. Even watching TV shows or movies where the characters have to crawn on their bellies in narrow tunnels... makes me queasy and I actually get short of breath.

I hope I don't get nightmares about being trapped tonight.
<

Mine is weird...I am deathly afraid of sharks!! Not that I encounter them often in my day to day life, but I have scary dreams about them, when I watch those shark shows on TV, I sometimes start to sweat, and once, when I went to this shark experiance thing at Marine World, I started feeling dizzy and sick as I was standing there watching the sharks swim around and around...YUCK!

I hope I don't have any shark dreams tonight!

<
I have an old friend who is deathly afraid of sharks. Can't watch them on TV or anything! It's funny because he generally puts on a tough-guy facade (even though he's just a big teddy bear) so he gets teased about it a lot.
<

ummm, i have a sleeping phobia. that's why i sleep hanging upside down off my bed, after a while, with all the blood rushing to your head, you can't really think about how terrified you are of sleeping, so you just fall asleep, (plus it's really relaxing) i'm afraid of sleep because,,,, i've had some bad things happen while i was asleep, all my friends are all like, "I'm going to bed, it's late," and i'm like, "*psh* not me, i'll run until i crash." i feel so weird now, no one else said that!! i'm not really afraid of spiders, when i was little i would let them crawl all over me. and snakes are fun to play with. I don't really "like" Enclosed areas, they freak me out a bit, but i can handle them for a little bit before i start freaking out. i'm also not a friend of the dark, it doesn't scare me as much as it used to be, but it still makes me run through the dark a little quicker.

I wanted to add to my shark phobia. It seems to be hammer head sharks, for some weird reason. Sure, great whites, tiger and bull sharks are scary, but I was watching a show and they featured hammer heads, and sure enough, the sick feeling came. Come to think of it, when I almost got sick in the shark experiance thing, it was the huge hammer head that got to me...I wonder why.

Maybe in my past life I really WAS a mermaid and got eaten by a hammer head or something...

I have to say that is the first time I have ever heard about anyone being afraid of sleep. But if you have good reason, then you have good reason...

Werbung:
Back