• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

No Make-Up, Make-Up

angelle

It sounds a bit weird when you first read it but no make-up, make-up is when a women applies make-up that doesn't look like she has anything on. It was created to enhance the beauty that women already have.

Lately, I have retired my eye liner, lipsticks and full-cover foundation. I only use concealor for my under eye dark cirles and face powder (applied lightly). If it were up to me, I wouldn't wear make-up but I have dark circles so I kind of have no choice.

The reason why I want to stop wearing foundation is because lately I have been seeing a lot women and teens wearing foundation with concealor and powder on top, black eye liner, and lipstick - I am not a fan. Not only are they wearing make-up but they applied too much. A lot of women don't take the time to read or watch tutorials on how to apply it. They think they know what they are doing.

Everytime I see a woman with tons make-up, I automatically say to myself "ew" they look terrible and they are too pretty to cover their face with paint. I don't know if they are applying it wrong or what.

It looks good on camera and video but in person...no way. So, I figured if they look terrible with foundation, concealor, powder and everything else, so do I. So, I just want to focus on enhancing my look and appearing unnatural.

Do any of you wear No Make-Up, Make-Up? And what is your reaction when you see an individual that is wearing tons of make-up?

Werbung:
Angelle if I looked as good as you I would not wear make up either ;). Unfortunately given my age...upwards of 30..I kinda need some extra help. I wear a tinted moisturizer since I have age spots which I am trying to erase using Anew Clinical multi-tone corrector. I use a cheek tint by the Bodyshop and a tinted lip balm by Burt's bees. I also believe that we should focus on skin care first but a little makeup boost every now and again is ok too.

Aww, thanks! You are too kind! Yes, I agree. Skin care should definitely be our focus because if we took care of the skin underneath, we wouldn't need the extra make-up and most of the time the discolorations and pimples on our face stems from the use of make-up. At least that is how it was for me. Growing up, I never had any issues with my face until I started wearing make-up. I now use masks, scrubs, Clean & Clear facial wash, under eye cream, astringent for deep cleaning, and a night cream. I sometimes use honey on my skin.

Werbung:
Yes, I prefer to focus on skincare rather than make up and when I do wear makeup in the day all I wear is a little bronzer, mascara and a natural brown kohl pencil. If I start putting on loads of make up I get really self conscious and insecure. I'm not too sure why. I think it's because I'm worried that other people are going to be like eurgh, she is wearing way too much make up.

Back