• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

more work woes..

thistle

God you all have to be so sick of hearing me moan about work lol but tough !!

But i have to vent again so deal with it :p

So I have this member of staff and recently she has had some personal problelms which have resulted in her being off work.

This is NOT a problem, she needs the time end of story and I have been fuly supportive of her.

Today I get phonecall froj my boss .........."how did "X" know about "Y"? "

I replied "I don't know, I was aware they knew but I assumed that "Y" had told them personally"

next I know the s**t has really hit the fan because "Y" is going to make a complaint about "X" knowing her business.

Now me and ""X" (a colleague)are very close friends and we DO talk a lot about our personal lives BUT "Y" and I have been friends for even longer and I have too much respect for her to gossip about her.

The assumption is that I have used someone's personal problems as an excuse to gossip. which I find not only personally but professionally insulting. Not only that but I have since realised that "Y" has known that "X" knew about her situation for NINE days and has only just decided to make an issue of it .......and now for some background info

"Y" has been asking for some time to be excluded from a certain shift at work for childcare reasons ie: school finishes at 3 and she wants to pick her son up. Now, I have made every effort to accomodate her but sometimes she has to work until 5.30 but I have made sure that her daughter (who also works for me) will finish in time to pick her child up. Since this personal has occured she has used it as an excuse to NOT do 5.30 finishes but I simply cannot accomodate this.

She phoned me last night to ask what her shifts were in 2 weeks time when she intends to return to work, the week she returns happens to be my holiday so I informed her she would have to wrk to full days to give my other keyholder her days off......

All opf a sudden the fact that "X" knows her busness is now a problem and she is making an official complaint against me !!!and I haven't done anything !!

I have done nothing but support this woman through her problems and have told her that if she needs anything at all I will do my best to help her but have now been knifed in the back.

I am dreading her coming back to work to say the least ........ the atmosphere is going to be awful and to makwe it worse my boss thinks the sun shines out her posterior and that she can do no wrong!

What can I do?

Werbung:
Ugh jeez! That's pretty rubbish....can you talk to Y and see what's going on? Cos you've been friends with her for ages and suddenly she's got it in for you, presumably cos you're "making" her work shifts that you can't help?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. She's throwing a temper tantrum because she isn't getting her own way. "X" has now informed my boss who told her and not only was it not me but it wasn't any of my staff either..........but I've not had an apology from either of them for accusing me. I'll be speaking to my boss first thing Monday morning and telling her exactly why this woman is throwing hissy fits and hopefully she will then decide to back me up (she is already aware of the shift problem and has told me that under no account can "Y" be excluded from them as she already gets every weekend off).

But like I say my other boss thinks "Y" can do no wrong and I am fully expecting her to contact him to push the point. It wouldn't surprise me if he then tells me I have to change her shifts which is going to cause serious problems amongst the rest of my staff who have all been told they must work whatever shift on whatever day ...... they all get on with it but there are already rumblings of "why does "Y" not have to work weekends?" can you imagine what would happen if this same person gets to work on in the mornings?

Werbung:
There's no way that the biased boss can overlook this, how can she possibly talk her way out of it? It's ridiculous!

I hope something happens to get it sorted, it's such an insult to you!

Back