• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS

amy_xo

okay, so i go over to germany a LOT as we have friends over there and family and stuff, and last year i went into school with my friend for the day and i met a guy.. so for the past year and a half we have been skyping, facebooking,texting.. and i really like him :(
he is honestly the nicest guy i have ever met and we are PERFECT together. the problem is, i don't know when i am going to see him again, we are trying to arrange it and i just don't know when or how it's gonna happen?
is it worth carrying anything on, or should i just leave it? :(

Werbung:
I think if you are both committed to making it work and have the finances to visit each other then it could work if you eventually move to Germany or he moves here. Either way, best of luck!

If you have a real connection, that is something very rare and I do not think that you should allow distance to stop you. Everything great comes with a few obstacles...which can be overcome. Also, what is meant to be will be...so if you guys have to be together, for however long, life will help you make it happen.

What will help is talking it through with each other and see if you want the same things and then work together to make it happen. Honest communication is key.

I was in a long distance relationship with my significant other. Honestly you will have a lot to endure. It teaches you to value the moments that you do have with that person and cherish them as well. As stated before communication IS the key and there are several ways to communicate oovoo, skype, twitter, facebook, emails, text messages. Also you must gain a sense of trust and be loyal to your relationship and spouse

How old are you? It's not so I can judge you either, but simply because some things are more logistically possible at various ages than others.

And in the meantime, yes, keep in touch and keep trying. There's no reason to let it go yet if you really think you're that great together and want to give it a go.

I would keep in touch with him. If you get on great and he is nice to you, with time you will be together. The miles and the water will not keep you apart. Trust me on this one. Go with your feelings. Time will tell what will happen. Does he feel the same way about you as you feel about him?

You never know if it's going to work or not unless you try! I'm in the US, and I was in a long-distance relationship with a guy from Sweden for almost 2 years. We did end up splitting up, but it was due to factors other than distance.

Keep in mind that this was before the days of texting, facebook, and skype - we only had email, a weekly phone call, and a visit one way or the other about every six months. I think it's probably easier (and cheaper) to carry on a long-distance relationship nowadays.

Being in a long distance relationship can be a challenge. I am now, once again, in a long distance relationship because we are saving up for our future. I agree, communication is the key.

Now, as for your doubts, I think you should understand that all relationships come with risks and doubts. I believe you should live in the moment of being with him. After all, committing doesn't mean you can't be with friends and have fun with your life. As for the emotional investment, I just can't say to let go or stay as I don't know much. However, as a girl trying to help a fellow girl, I hope you choose the right decision.

Werbung:
How old are you and this guy? If you are young, as in still a teenager, I would just let it go, or try to be friends. Chances are, you will have to get your parent's permission to travel back over to Germany and they may say no. If you are a little older and think there is a chance that you guys can get together then it may work. If you are both committed to the relationship and stay faithful to each other, then I think that long distance relationships can work out great.

Back