• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Life mapping

GoSenseless

I've motivated myself so far with websites/apps like HabitRPG (now Habitica), which provides daily goals, habits and to-do list to check off with the motivation aspect coming in the form of quests and RPG functions.

It helped, but not entirely. Since I'm still at a loss about how to make the best out of my life, a friend suggested to make a life map. Apparently, it was also on Oprah, and there are different articles about it on the web, proposing different ways to build your own life map. The principle seems to be: looking at the big picture, and not just choosing tasks and projects because they are there, but by making sure that they fit into your life visions and values.

Have you heard of it or tried it yourself? I've seen so many versions I was unsure about which one to try, so I ended up trying a little bit of everything and not getting very far all in all! But it feels good, so worth a try. What do you think?

Werbung:
To be honest when you hit 21, you think you can map put your life and you have goals and pursue them. I think people should; I recently spoke to my cousin who is doing this right now, but experience has taught me, those plans can fall off the map and you just have to figure things out and look for a new map.

Giving yourself self-imposed deadlines doesn't work, saying by the time you are 30 you will have done X and Y. Who cares? Only you, and when I hit 30 and hadn't done all the things I had planned, it was fine. Better to experience and enjoy things rather than to tick them off a list because you think you need to.

Back