• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Joint Pain/ Charlie Horses During Pregnancy?

Hello everyone. When I had my first child, I suffered from terrible, excruciating joint pain during my pregnancy. It only occured whenever I stretched my joints, just before getting out of bed. Has anyone else ever had that problem?

Werbung:
Yes, I had that problem too. And, it's not uncommon. For me, the joint/hip pain was so bad that I often walked doubled over, not just hunch backed but literally bent at the waist so that my joints didn't hurt. I told my OB/Gyn about the problem and he said it's very common for women to have joint pain. Think of your joints as the door hinges of your body. So much stress is put on those 'hinges' so there is bound to be pain. He told me to flex my legs and toes and move around BEFORE getting out of bed to accustom my body to movement so that my legs/joints would be accustomed to the movement before my feet hit the floor. He said that laying all night in bed in one or two positions, there is bound to be some tightness in the joints. You have to limber up the joints before moving around for the day, even when you first wake up. His advice seemed to help.

Back