• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

It is important to remember dates

goodselfme

Since I am a senior lady, I have some information for you young ones. It is very important for you to remember when you began your period. In years to come many doctors will ask you that in health exams. When you have children, especially girls you will be asked when your period began and when it ended in menopause. You should really write down at what age your began menopause.

Werbung:
Are you saying that we have to remember when we had our first period or when our period begins in the month? When I got pregnant, the doctor always asked me when I had my last period so that he can estimate the date of delivery. But what's the significance of remembering the date when we got our first period?

Are you saying that we have to remember when we had our first period or when our period begins in the month? When I got pregnant, the doctor always asked me when I had my last period so that he can estimate the date of delivery. But what's the significance of remembering the date when we got our first period?
Over the years of medical exams I have been asked at what age I began menstruating. Now remembering the date of the last period is important for pregnancy. Women seem to remember from month to month. The age at which the period began will be necessary to know. this will help your daughters know when they could begin too. The menopause will be similar too. thank you for asking to verify this.

Over the years of medical exams I have been asked at what age I began menstruating. Now remembering the date of the last period is important for pregnancy. Women seem to remember from month to month. The age at which the period began will be necessary to know. thank you for asking to verify this.
Really? They will ask when we got our first period? I haven't gone for a medical exam for a very long time. I think the last time I went was before the year 2000. I think I should go for one since I'm already close to 50 years old. I don't think I can remember exactly at what age I got my first period. I think it was when I was 12 but I can't be certain. I remember it was when I lived in the house when I was in primary school so it should be before I turned 13 because when I was 13, we moved to another house.

As a woman, I know it is very important for women to remember dates crucial to their health, especially their menstrual periods. That is why I have made it a point to log dates; that way, I am assured that I have normal periods.

Thank you for your reminder. ^__^

Yes it is important to remember those dates since it can be use as reference and for medical purposes. I remember I was asked when I had my period or if I have a period when I went to the Dentist for tooth extraction. It is also asked when answering some health sheets for certain examination.

I've been asked when my very first period was, too. It's usually to help determine if everything has been healthy with you over the years. For example, a girl who didn't start her period until 19 or 20, might have completely different issues than one that started at 9. It could also signal just how long you've been having one (so 20 years vs 30 could make a difference to what you should be tested for, when menopause might kick in, etc).

Thanks for the tip! I recently went into urgent care and they asked me about my previous 3 cycles. I was so shocked and had no clue about dates so they quickly gave me a calendar. I guess they wanted to make sure there was no way I was pregnant.

As a woman, I know it is very important for women to remember dates crucial to their health, especially their menstrual periods. That is why I have made it a point to log dates; that way, I am assured that I have normal periods.

Thank you for your reminder. ^__^
You are most welcome. Our health info is vital in many times of our lives as you mentioned.

Thanks for the tip! I recently went into urgent care and they asked me about my previous 3 cycles. I was so shocked and had no clue about dates so they quickly gave me a calendar. I guess they wanted to make sure there was no way I was pregnant.
Good you will be keeping up to date from now on for you and your family too.

This is true. Doctors do want to know when we had our very first period. I don't understand the significance really. All it does is allow your OBGYN to get a full history on you if you are going to be their patient on a long term basis. The more they know about you, the easier it will be for them to determine other things. The beginning of each menstrual cycle is a different issue. That only serves the purpose of helping determining insemination and child birth.

This is true. Doctors do want to know when we had our very first period. I don't understand the significance really. All it does is allow your OBGYN to get a full history on you if you are going to be their patient on a long term basis. The more they know about you, the easier it will be for them to determine other things. The beginning of each menstrual cycle is a different issue. That only serves the purpose of helping determining insemination and child birth.
A full history file at your doctor's office is like a completed recipe. All the ingredients are in place for anything that might arise when it comes to your health. My grown daughters have been asked when their mother started menopause for hormone study in their own bodies. The better records you keep the better you will certainly will be able to be able to help yourself and your child too.

I've been asked when my very first period was, too. It's usually to help determine if everything has been healthy with you over the years. For example, a girl who didn't start her period until 19 or 20, might have completely different issues than one that started at 9. It could also signal just how long you've been having one (so 20 years vs 30 could make a difference to what you should be tested for, when menopause might kick in, etc).
You are so right! Just the dates of some hormonal changes can be traced to lots of medical issues. One I can think of right off the top of my head is the regularly of menses so the clarity of a pregnancy can be known. As the years pass by, the doctor can be a better doctor when we supply the needed date information on our entire health record.

Really? They will ask when we got our first period? I haven't gone for a medical exam for a very long time. I think the last time I went was before the year 2000. I think I should go for one since I'm already close to 50 years old. I don't think I can remember exactly at what age I got my first period. I think it was when I was 12 but I can't be certain. I remember it was when I lived in the house when I was in primary school so it should be before I turned 13 because when I was 13, we moved to another house.
When you can remember dates regarding specific events that will be good for your health record. As time goes by normal remembering gets foggy. You have a good beginning for your health journal now with your great recollection.Well done!

Werbung:
That is actually quite hard for me; my periods have become so erratic that even if I write down the day it starts and the day it ends; the next one will always bee either a week late or a week early.
As far as my first period ever that is easy to remember because I was still the new kid in Texas.

Back