• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Is stalking considered as harrassmen?

zararina

There are times when there is someone who stalked us and of course it was bit odd to know there is. Although they do not harm nor talk to us, the act of following consistently and their fierce look could be a scary moment. And that was gross when you are followed in a dark and secluded place. Would this be considered as harassment? And what would you do if you are stalked by someone?

Werbung:
It definitely is! Go to the police before the stalking escalates into something more harmful.

Most definitely! I stress what apple has said. Get the police involved and get a restraining order if necessary. Do not toy with it, stalking is illegal and may end up rbadly :(

Most definitely! I stress what apple has said. Get the police involved and get a restraining order if necessary. Do not toy with it, stalking is illegal and may end up rbadly :(
Yes. It was right to seek help specially if the threat would be higher before it gets worse. Thanks for the comment girls. ;)

So what happened? Did you complain? Has the harassment stopped? I hope everything turned out for the best..

So what happened? Did you complain? Has the harassment stopped? I hope everything turned out for the best..

It had happened during my college years. I just seek first the help of my girlfriends and they are always being with me specially when inside the campus. It has stopped and everything is fine. Thanks.:)

Yes, stalking is considered as harassment physically and mentally. In Australia, there's actually a law that prohibits stalking to any individual, and if you caught stalking on somebody they will put you to jail but with due process of course.

Stalking may come in many forms, it could be when you're outside being stalked by group of people or it could be a "cyber stalk". So I advise all girls to be aware of their surroundings and report to authority immediately any suspected form of stalking pertained to them.

This has happened to me a couple of times and I walk as fast as I can to crowded places or areas where a guard is present. The worst part of it is you can't feel secured when walking during the evening, you can't stop being paranoid and keep on looking over the shoulder. Also there are online stalkers too. I have changed my name a couple of times in social net sites just to avoid these stalkers. O.O

Yes, in most cases it is harassment and very disrespectful. What is the use of stalking someone? It will considered as an act of intruding someone's privacy or attempt to steal something. So, we need to be careful and report any suspicious action around us to the Police or any closest authority who can take action immediately.

Well, stalking is usually just stalking, but yes, it is definitely a form of harassment. If you feel threatened for your safety, it is also assault. I know most people confuse assault and battery, but assault is when someone puts you in reasonable fear of an impending battery. Battery is when you are physically touched or harmed by someone, but there must be physical contact for battery to occur. Otherwise, it is just assault. Therefore, you could potentially press charges on this person for stalking, harassment, and assault.

I agree that reporting it to the police is the best and only option. They will probably advise you to get a restraining order as well. In the meantime, it is best to be wary and vigilant, and never go anywhere by yourself, stay out late, or linger in secluded areas until the issue is resolved, but even then you should always be aware of your surroundings and avoid dangerous hours and places. Good luck!

Werbung:
Of course, stalking is considered as harassment! Once, during holidays, I was stalked by a really weird man. He followed me a few times and he looked at me very intensely. He didn't do anything, but I remember that I was very scared of him. I didn't want to leave my house. When I had to run some errands, I asked my sister to accompany me.
I was a teenager back then and, to be honest, I had no idea that I should report it to the police. If somebody tried to stalk me now, I'd report it immediately! It's better not to take any risk, stalkers may be dangerous:(

Back