• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I have noticed my hair has begun to thin out..

sarahp

I was recently browsing the internet because I have noticed my hair has begun to thin out. I find more and more in the drain of the shower everyday, and my brush needs cleaned more often than ever before. I wanted to know if there is anything I can do about this in order to help improve the strength of my hair.

So I headed over to Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair#Curly_hair and began to read all about hair from the online encyclopedia. I was intrigued with the fact that hair was once considered to be a sign of social status. I believe that even today hair has an impact on not only our own self image, but also the perception that others have of us.

I also noticed that my husband's hair was beginning to thin. I found a supplement on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Vibrance-Vitamins-Vegetarian-Capsules-Formula/dp/B00G6U4ZI6/ by the name of Vibrance Pure Healthy Hair Formula. I ordered a bottle because it seems to have all of the necessary vitamins and minerals which my research shows is necessary for improving the overall health of our hair.

I have also made some changes to our diet. I found that zinc and iron are necessary vitamins and minerals for improve hair health. So I have increased our weekly menu to include more red meat and beans. I also found that omega-3 acids were essential so we have included a different type of fish to at least 2 more meals a week.

I was wondering what some of you have done in order to improve your hair quality and strength? I really want to grow not only a thicker set of hair, but also an improved shine and strength, as well. Let's make this a thread that allows us to share methods and techniques we have all used to improve the health of our hair. What have you done that you feel has really worked well. Have any of you made any changes in your diet? What recipes do you have that you use to help with your hair health?

Werbung:
Unfortunately, I've always had extremely delicate and thin hair. Recently, I started drinking flaxseed oil in order to improve its strength. I was told that this oil contains more Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids than fish. It's really great, because I can't stand the taste of fish.
Also, I stopped dying my hair, I use aloe vera gel on it and I bought a very delicate shampoo.

Sarah, are you on birth control pills? If you are... do you know the composition of said pills? Some birth control pills are known to trigger AGA, if you have AGA, then you need to see a dermatologist soon. It really depends on your age as well, hair thinning after menopause is very common, that's due low estrogen levels. In that case you need to see a good endocrinologist or gynecologist specializing in hormones.

If your thinning is caused by AGA, don't worry, there are many options that can help you slow down the process (but not to cure it). You can try the natural/alternative approach, try taking ''Saw Palmetto' pills, you can find them on Amazon. Try using ''Nizoral'' shampoo as well, that shampoo is great for people with AGA.

My hair has temporarily thinned out twice in the past few years, both times when I was under a lot of stress. It's strange after a few months my hair would become thicker again, once whatever stress I'd been placed under had been lifted.

Werbung:
Whenever I am stressed not only does my hair thinned out but it also starts shedding. What have helped me to regrow my hair thicker is castor oil and a hair mask that i make from egg white,molasses and honey. I oil my scalp nightly with the heated castor oil and i realized within no time i have lots of new growth that is very thick. I use the above mention mask once weekly which i notice makes my hair stronger. You just have to research and see what works best for you.

Back