1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I failed!

Discussion in 'Come in and have a moan!' started by Chantilly, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Chantilly

Chantilly New Member

So I went for my driving test this morning, so that I can gain the privledge to drive on my own. Unfortunately, I failed. And I'm insanely disappointed. [​IMG]

I just tried so hard, I took a course and practiced whenever I could. Then this morning I was so insanely nervous, I screwed up a few times. I went a little too fast at one point, failed to do a shoulder check... then there were some stupid ones, like turning my wheels when I was waiting to turn left and staying in the left lane instead of moving to the right.

I'm usually better, and today I sucked. Now I have to go again in a month. Hopefully next time I'll do better. [​IMG]

2. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

You know what it is.... nerves!! Happens to the best of us.

Reapply asap, and just go for it. I think you will do fine next time around, now that you know what to expect, and where you let things slip a little.

[​IMG]

3. Potholer

Potholer Active Member

Snowy's right, it was jsut nerves. I almost screwed up my French oral assessment because I was so nervous that I almost cried (and had great troubles getting started). Got a Merit in the end (out of Not Acieved, Achieved, Merit or Excellence; merit being about 70%).

You're better prepared now, and know what to expect, so you'll be fine, hun.

[​IMG]

4. Lostchild1962

Lostchild1962 New Member

Potholer,
    I failed 2 times..nerves for sure can make a big difference..U will pass it next time..Just take a deep breath..happens to the best of us.. [​IMG]

5. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Awww I know how disappointed you must feel. Hey most people fail their first driving test anyway, I did and I was so annoyed! But I passed next time. As been said it is nerves but next time you will already know what its like and be able to relax more. [​IMG]

6. Chantilly

Chantilly New Member

I suppose it was nerves, now that I think about it. I was so upset on the day I failed though.

But you're right, at least next time I'll know what to expect.

Thanks guys. [​IMG]

7. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

You know it was nerves [​IMG] They all get the better of us at some point in life - my downfall is job interviews.

Have you or are you going to reapply? I think you should, I think you'd be fine second time round. Just go for it

"I've done this before, I can do all the manouvres, I'm NOT nervous"

You know you can do it [​IMG]

8. Chantilly

Chantilly New Member

I did make another appointment, for May 10th. [​IMG]

Thank you for the encouragement.

9. thistle

thistle New Member

Don't worry........you'll do great next time

[​IMG]

10. Potholer

Potholer Active Member

Goodluck for your next (and last) try, you'll be brilliant [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Bubbles

Bubbles New Member

There is this stuff you can buy called calms or kalms *shrugs* ... take it for the 6 days before your test and you'll be cool as a cucumber.. i aint tried it myself.. but a few people have said they took it to calm there nerves before stuff like driving tests and exams and it worked wonders. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Chantilly

Chantilly New Member

Just wanted to let you guys know, I did pass on my 2nd try. [​IMG]

13. Snowbaby

Snowbaby Active Member

OMG!!! Congrats, I knew you would!!!!!! You must be so proud [​IMG]

Excellent work!!!

14. thistle

thistle New Member

Woo Hoooooooooooooooooooooo, well done Lexi

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now get that man of yours to buy you a flash car [​IMG]

15. Bubbles

Bubbles New Member

LOOK OUT...another dangerous driver has passed [​IMG] i'll need to get my butt into gear and get me a driving license then buy that wooden car i've always wanted i had one before.. it had wooden wheels wooden doors a wooden engine and it wooden go.