• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I am so angry with my boyfriend!!

SarahLizzie

This may sound like a small problem once I explain it, but it has many underlying meanings to me.

First I am going to give you some quick background on the situation. my boyfriend has 4 children from a previous marriage; I have one daughter from a previous relationship, and we have one together. Now we do not have his 4 children on a full time basis, up until 2 months ago, we only had them not he weekends.

Since we would only have his four children on the weekends, we decided to work opposite work schedules to avoid paying for babysitting for our 21 month old daughter. Typically he works mon-fri 8am-5pm. I work at the same restaurant, so when he gets done at 5pm I go in to work until 11pm or 12AM, plus I double saturdays and sundays.

About 2 months ago his ex-wife started a new job, that has her working every other weekend, and during the week she works 3pm - 12am. So due to her work schedule and the original visitations arrangements, she would never see her children. So we switched to have the kids every other weekend, and the weekends we do not have the children he takes them a few nights during the week. When this switch occurred, my boyfriend promised he would not start to work weekends or change his availability, so my availability was not affected. (When I am home I do freelance writing as a part-time. So I have a set routine in order to get everything accomplished each day.)

Yesterday I had the day off, and my boyfriend worked a double shift. He came home to inform me that next Saturday I am going to have off because he offered to work. This enrages me. The nights and weekends are my time at work, and I refuse to let my normal work schedule be messed with so he can do as he pleases. It will throw too many monkey wrenches in the system.

It angers me that he doing exactly what he told me he would not do to me. I know most people are like "you should be happy to get weekends off here and there" but I am not. Weekends are the bulk of my hours, which is when I need to get them in. This way I can have a week night or two for with my children, and to help my kindergardener with her homework.

I do not know how to let my boyfriend know I am extremely angry about this. The only thing that is holding me back, is how angry I am. I do not want to start a fight, but I fear that is where it will lead. For me it is more like, as soon as he does not have his 4 children, he has no other responsibilities. Or that is how this makes me feel. Just because he is not with all six children, he still has the responsibility of the other two while I am work. Changing my working schedule is going to have a negative impact on my ability to put as much time into my writing work. If the writing work slows down, so will the extra income I am earning.

Sorry for ranting so long. I had a lot to get off my chest.

Werbung:
Does he want to work on the weekends just to shrink away from his responsibilities? If so, that really sucks. I'd wait until you calmed down and talk to him about how it makes you feel. Working as a team is key in any relationship, but especially one that involves kids and so many different schedules. If things are going to change, you should both be in on the decision. Good luck!

It sounds like you guys need to sit down and talk. I understand that you are angry and it makes perfect sense to me but maybe he doesn't even realize what he did to make you so mad?

I mean there is really no other way to tell him other than to bring it up. Think about carefully what you are going to say then politely tell him you need to talk to him. Just try to keep it cool and not let your emotions get out of control. Convey how upset you are and why. Hopefully you will be able to work it out.

Good luck!

If you have it off, does that mean that your earnings will be reduced as well? I'm actually trying to figure out if it's just the financial aspect of the problem you are currently mad at or would it be because he disrespected you by breaking his promise on the weekend thing. Or is it because you feel that he isn't giving your children the equal amounts of time he spends with his other four children?

Either way, I think you have to tell him specifically what it is that you are disappointed in. You'll probably get into an argument but you'll have to muster up all your self control to calmly explain your side of the situation so that it doesn't become a full-blown fight.

Werbung:
Cool down, maybe have a nice cup of tea or coffee. After you've calmed down, go to him directly ( so you do not lose your cool ) and just talk it out. This may turn into an argument, but there is really no other way. All you can do is talk it out. I really do hope this gets resolved in time. But please, do not tell your children. If you do, I have a sneaking suspicion that they will not be helpful. They'll go to your boyfriend and try to work out a deal, if you know what I mean. So ( this does not apply to everyone ) hide your feelings until your boyfriend and you are together some time where you can safely talk.

This is my advice, if you really want it.

Back