• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I am actually proud of myself for once!

SarahLizzie

I have 2 daughters of my own, plus 4 future stepchildren. So as you can imagine, money is hard to come by in our household. My boyfriend and I both work 40+ hours a week, and we still can not keep up or get caught up on our bills.
In an effort to alleviate some of the stress our financial situation is causing us, I recently began freelance writing. I just submitted my first two articles! And within a few hours I received feedback from the editors of the articles I submitted. It was all positive feedback, and comments about how impressed they were with how well written my articles were. The only thing I forgot was to include links to substantiate my information, which I thought my references would have done for me.... but I learned my lesson on that.

I am so proud of myself for getting the courage to actually submit my writings! I am hoping that I can start to earn money from freelance writing, like so many of my online friends do already.

Werbung:
I think it is great that you got positive feedback. But mostly i think it is awesome that you can be proud of your accomplishment.
This is a topic of intrest for me. I am always writing stuff. I actually hope to be a successful author at some point, but for now would just love to make money period. I stay at home with my fiances grandma all day and really on most days watch so much tv i actually am beginning to hate the idea of television. I need to do something. I am always interested in writing. I have wanted to do it do years and was accepted into a writing school for kids at the age of 15. I didn't get to go but was still cool.
Can you tell me how you got started? It is something I have considered doing but have never known how to get started.

Good job by you. It's always good when you can be proud of the hard work that you put into something and even better when you can be rewarded for it!

A nice feedback for your articles can really give a great feeling. ;)
It was not that easy to write good quality articles and get clients for it online.
I also hope to earn some online through article writing.
Great job and keep it up!

Can you tell me how you got started? It is something I have considered doing but have never known how to get started.
If you're thinking about starting an online writing career, there are many avenues you can try depending on your money-making goals. First of all, you need to decide if you want to sell whatever you write and not get credit for it (or what is called as ghost writing) or you want to earn revenue share where the website owner would pay you for a share of the revenue that the site is generating through your articles (passive income).

You can do both if you want. There are many freelancing websites online. Just google "freelance writing websites" and Google will display many websites. The most well-known and reliable ones are Elance, Textbroker and odesk. But remember you don't need to pay anyone any money in order to start a career in online writing. If they do ask you for money then go to other websites that don't. You want to earn money not spend money. Good luck.

Wow, congrats! I know how amazing that feels. I am also a freelancer and those first article approvals meant the world to me. It is always great when your editor leaves you some amazing feedback! Best of luck! What sites are you writing for? Thanks for you tips UmiNoor! I think I applied to Textbroker, but never just started with them.

That's awesome! I am a freelance writer as well, and it can be very rewarding in many ways. There are so many work opportunities online and I am glad that you finally joined the team. Good luck with everything, and we're proud of your too! :)

I'm happy for you!:) I hope that soon you'll manage to earn as much money as you need. I'm a freelance writer too, so I know how stressful it is to submit your writings. I always worry about my spelling and grammar. English is a very difficult language! But I love it anyway:)

Yay! Well done! That's great news! I too am a freelance writer. Although I am thinking of stopping it as I work on odesk and I have been messed around by a couple of trusted clients and a few new clients recently. And it's just not seeming like it's worth all the stress and hassle anymore. Anyone else had issues like this?

Werbung:
That's very cool. Good for you. Writing can be a good source of income.

Just keep in mind that every writer does get rejections and not so good feedback sometimes as well. Don't take it personally. Keep moving forward when it happens. Years ago (in the print days lol) when I got my first rejection, I hung it up. It made me feel like a "real" writer. lol

Back