• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How can I defend myself well against a guy?

In my country, if they break into your house and you shoot them, it's self defense. If they are on your front lawn though, you can be prosecuted. It's a thin line, but we can at least defend ourselves in a home invasion.

This sounds fair. When somebody is breaking into a house, he should know that there will be consequences. In my country, when somebody is trying to hurt you, you can only run away.
Today a stranger was trying to flirt with me when I was waiting for my bus. I was so scared because he was pushy and rude. Fortunately a married couple was sitting nearby and I asked them if I can sit with them. When the man saw it, he gave up and walked away.
I hate situations like this!:mad:

Werbung:
This sounds fair. When somebody is breaking into a house, he should know that there will be consequences. In my country, when somebody is trying to hurt you, you can only run away.
Today a stranger was trying to flirt with me when I was waiting for my bus. I was so scared because he was pushy and rude. Fortunately a married couple was sitting nearby and I asked them if I can sit with them. When the man saw it, he gave up and walked away.
I hate situations like this!:mad:

Claudine you should know that people like that know who they can intimidate. If you could be a bit more tough in your demeanor you might be able to repel those creeps instead. Do the buses in your country run on a schedule? You should get one of those key chains with mace or pepper spray.

Is concealed carry legal in your state? If so, I would consider this. I am going in for my permit next month. I am super excited. I don't see myself using it a lot, but at least having it will make me feel safer when I am in these types of situation. I like concealed carry better than open carry because if the criminal doesn't know you have the weapon it is harder to take it from you. With open carry I feel as though I am always defending my weapon so they don't steal it from me.

Claudine you should know that people like that know who they can intimidate. If you could be a bit more tough in your demeanor you might be able to repel those creeps instead. Do the buses in your country run on a schedule? You should get one of those key chains with mace or pepper spray.

Yes, the buses here run on a scheldue but somehow I always end up waiting for mine.
I wish I was more tough in my demeanor but I'm afraid that it's just not possible, I don't know how to do this - I can't hide it when I'm scared - and I'm always very scared when strangers talk to me or, worse, when they are as pushy and awful as that guy:(
Pepper spray is a really good idea, I should get one.

All the ladies here have some great tips! Remember that in self defense, many things can become a "weapon." I would only try to hurt them enough to get away, but do what you have to do to get away. Anything from soda bottles to even food you may have in your hand. Almost anything in the eyes will cause enough pain to get them to stop. I don't know about using bug spray tho because you could be sued if you make them legally blind (not sure they would win but who knows these days.)

One of the best defenses is to know what you would use or do. If you have a purse full of stuff, think about what would work the best in a situation. Keep that in a separate part of your purse so that it can be easily accessible. If you are walking alone, call a friend and stay on the phone the whole walk. Chances are an attacker would not want to bother you if they know you are on the phone with somebody (a witness.) And if they do mess with you while you are on the phone your friend will be able to call 911 and get help there immediately. If you don't have a friend that is available, put your phone up to your ear and talk like you are talking to somebody. It will still deter them because they won't know that you are not really on the phone with a person.

Also if you have your phone handy, 911 is not a big number to dial. If you can dial it but you are not able to talk because they now have you, no worries just let the operator hear your struggle (try to scream so they hear your need for their help) and they will dispatch police out. Cell phones have 911 GPS locators so they should be able to find you.

Always know your surroundings and pay attention, but do not show that you are scared.

Yes, the buses here run on a scheldue but somehow I always end up waiting for mine.
I wish I was more tough in my demeanor but I'm afraid that it's just not possible, I don't know how to do this - I can't hide it when I'm scared - and I'm always very scared when strangers talk to me or, worse, when they are as pushy and awful as that guy:(
Pepper spray is a really good idea, I should get one.

You just have to practice being more assertive. Maybe if you took a self defense class for women you might feel more confident. You don't necessarily have to be more tough in your demeanor, you just have to make sure you aren't looking at the ground or being timid or anything like that.

Take a look at this article on safety tips for women: http://powertochange.com/life/personalsafetytips/

I felt the need to add some helpful advice as I have some experience on the topic that could be helpful. I was in the Army, and I have also earned a second degree black belt in the art of Ninjutsu. First of all I would have to respond with the fear of going to prison for defending oneself. If it comes down to prison for self defense, or death because of not defending, I would probably choose prison the majority of the time.

However, there are other solutions. Pepper spray and other such devices can be great tools for a non-lethal approach, but one must remember that these items will have to be removed from a purse. There is also the reality that a woman doesn't always carry her purse that would contain the pepper spray.

There is another solution that is natural, and that solution is the use of keys. Holding a key exactly in the same manner one would use the key to open a door works best. There are plenty of videos and teachers who tell you to place the keys between your fingers, but this is a very weak position to hold the keys. Holding them as you would open a door is the strongest position to hold the keys in, and it looks natural. You can hold your keys in your coat pocket while walking which would allow you to respond instantly to an attack while not attracting attention to the weapon of choice.

I'm not sure how I would defend myself if a guy started to attack me. I've nearly got there before and it was really scary but someone else interfered and took care of him for me. I don't know what would of happened otherwise. It did make me realise that I should start going to some sort of self defence class. However, I feel I lack the confidence to join a group class. But it's scary how strong men can be. When my boyfriend tickles me and holds me down I literally cannot move, and that worries me if another guy were to ever attack me.

Werbung:
You could wear rings on every finger and if some guy trys to grab you instead of punching use a foreward down fist movement on the person face as hard as you can, using the rings to tear and rip the skin of the eyelids. Sharp nails are also handy.

Speed is of utmost importance because if the assaliant gets a hold of both of your arms that leaves you with easily predicted kicks.

If it was me id try to talk the guy down and say my father is in the mafia.

Back