• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Home Births

tater03

Has anyone had or thought about having a home birth? I really wanted to have one with my first son, but due to complications I was not able to. With my second one I was just to uncomfortable not being in a hospital in case of a complication. I think that the atmosphere of a home birth would be so intimate. So, would you have one?

Werbung:
I wouldn't have one. Until there was medical intervention for pregnancy, it was hit and miss on surviving delivery. I don't like those odds. Plus, it's more comforting to know that should something horrible go wrong, you're in the right place for it. I don't want to risk my life betting on an ambulance getting to me on time.

Besides, these days, more labor and delivery rooms are setup like a living room. The one I was in even had paneling hiding the wall equipment. It also had a TV, VCR, mini-fridge, CD player and two pieces of fold out furniture. It was very nice and home-y.

Good luck to you! Soon you'll have that beautiful baby home and forgot all about this anxiety!

I would prefer to give birth to the hospital since it could make me feel assured that I will be given enough procedures or medicines and equipments that might be necessary. Sometimes complications in giving birth can not be avoided and much safer to be in a place like hospital where equipments are more complete. Although I had seen someone giving birth at home and everything went fine. I will still choose the hospital setting.

Wow I have not thought about that at all to be honest. I have to say that actually I cannot have one, so that sucks for me anyway. Yeah I have never thought about having one i need drugs so I will not feel a thing lol. I am not going through all of that pain at home and plus I feel better sometimes at a hospital just in case something actually happens. Yeah I cannot have them anyway, but If I could then I might not, but then again I just would have though about it for a few weeks.

With my last one I did consider it briefly, but in the end I decided against it since we lived too far away from the hospital.

The truth is that no matter how homey you make it, it still feels like a hospital. In the end I never made it to the hospital... the baby arrived in the taxi :oops:. It wasn't because I waited or anything; just the labor was very quick - like about an hour (usually my labors are 12 hours of excruciating back labor).

Werbung:
It is a good option to gift birth at home. You know why? Because you don't want to expose your newborn to a lot of fatal microorganisms in the hospital. Even how sanitized a hospital is, you will never be secured 100%.

Back