• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Matching Make Up to Clothes

Zynni

I don't wear a lot of make up these days, so it really isn't a thing for me any more. When I was younger, I used to like to dress a little wild though, and make up was part of it.

There are colors that suit each person based on skin tone and other factors. Do you stick to those colors of make up only or do you mix and match, do something fun and funky sometimes, like matching up your make up with your outfit?

Werbung:
I stick to neutral tones, but I match make up to my outfits only if they contain colors like reds or purples. You have to get the right shade, especially for nail polishes or lipsticks.

Also unless its fancy dress, the colors need to suit your skin tone. Yellow undertones make me look ill, so I never wear anything, and some reds can be too pink for me.

Even when I matched my outfit, I still tried to stick to certain color ranges. As you said, some colors just make one look ill. They can also make you look too pale. Some colors just aren't flattering on some people. I liked having fun with it when I was younger though. They never had as many cool colors of nail polish back then... I used to have to try to mix colors.

I usually don't match my makeup to my outfit. Neutral tones for eye-shadows are best because they accentuate the features instead of hiding or overpowering your face. Depending on the color of the shirt or dress that I'm wearing, I may accent my shadow in the crease with a minimal amount of that color. With lip color, I choose a lipstick that compliments my face the best. Red is my favorite color to wear; I own several shades and choose the one that best coordinates with what I am wearing that day.

Werbung:
That sounds like the best way to go. I do prefer make up that matches me rather than my clothes. It just used to be a fun and funky thing to do. Apparently, it's still a thing or we wouldn't see turquoise or orange or neon green nail polish and such. Some of the colors are pretty wild.

Back