• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Hair Problem

Just Jessica

Everytime I wash my hair when I go to brush out the tangles before I put it up in a towel, I can't get my brush through the tangles. So, for years now, I have been using conditioner so it will be easier to brush. But here is the problem. The conditioner makes my hair appear oily, and I can't wash my hair every day. So I either have to use conditioner and wash my hair daily..making it dry, or I suffer 40 minutes trying to get a brush or comb through all of it?

Any suggestions? Other than getting it cut of course
<

Werbung:
ahhh tangles! The bane of my existance since childhood.

1. never use a hairbrush on wet hair, you are only damaging your hair with it

2. purchase a wide tooth comb to be used in the shower on your wet hair with the conditioner

3. yep hun conditioner is a must, however it sounds like you're using the wrong type for your hair because your hair should not appear oily. first get a conditioner recommended for your hair type. A good one is worth it because you should only ever be using a small amount (size of a dime). Work it in on the ends, not the scalp. Leave it in for the recommended time and then comb it using your wide tooth comb. Rinse well with cooler (not hot) water to seal the conditioner and not cause your scalp to start producing oil.

or...

Johnson & Johnson's "No More Tangles" spray

hope this helps

I agree with Dot, it sounds like you are using too much conditioner OR using one that is not suitable for your hair.

J&J no more tangles is great !!!! or you could try using a leave in spray conditioner as they tend not to be as heavy as conventional ones (Aussie does a good one)

<

Thanks for your replies
<

I'm not sure what type of conditioner would be good for my hair type. My hair is naturally wavy, and it is a bit on the frizzy side. What would you suggest for that?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Subby @ Jul 24 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or you could cut it all off...

<
<
[/b]

<

Shampoos and conditioners have gotten pretty good at describing what they are good for. Look for one that specifically says "Anti Frizz" or even "Smoothening"

I think you shouldn't wash it every day. Your hair is shocked by shampooing, then you get split ends and oily hair. Nobody else thinks this? Really, this is a fact. At least every other day, if you can..and you can shower it, with water only, every day, but not wash it. I really think it's unhealthy for your..for anybody's hair.

I think Jessica was washing her hair daily only because of the conditioner she was using, which made her hair too oily

Werbung:
Back