• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

.For bi or lesbians.

Werbung:
Why should they open up about it? I know plenty of bi and bisexual that are very comfortable with their sexuality, but wouldn't post about it. They would tell others if they were asked, though. Straight people don't go around telling everyone how straight they are, so I don't see why bisexuals or lesbians would ;-)
But on the other hand, I see what you are trying to do and if posting here helps girls being more comfortable with their sexuality I do applaud that.

Why should they open up about it? I know plenty of bi and bisexual that are very comfortable with their sexuality, but wouldn't post about it. They would tell others if they were asked, though. Straight people don't go around telling everyone how straight they are, so I don't see why bisexuals or lesbians would ;-)
But on the other hand, I see what you are trying to do and if posting here helps girls being more comfortable with their sexuality I do applaud that.
Very well said ;)

Opening up is such a big thing for homosexuals 'cause not all of us accepts them in the community.
Well I guess some are brave enough to tell the truth, while others are not that they hide their sexual preference.

I suppose you would consider me bisexual. I personally hate labels, especially when it comes to sexuality. But unfortunately in our society it is unavoidable.

I don’t really see the point of this thread. I mean unless a very specific topic came up I don’t see why we would need to know (or want to know for that matter) a forum members’ sexuality. I don’t understand what sort of replies you are looking for. I mean imagine if there was a thread “so I know most girls are shy or scared about admitting that they like men, so I made this thread so you could feel comfortable and open up a bit.” how would you expect people respond?

I was going to say something, but based on what others have said it may be unwise to say so...

I think "being out" and "opening up to people" is a personal choice. The LGBT community is not obliged to tell people their sexual preference - just as straight people are not obliged to have a "Tell people I'm straight" thread. I have a lot of friends who love someone of the same sex but are uncomfortable of telling others with the fear that they will be discriminated.
I appreciate the thought, though. I think the thread starter just wanted to create a comforting environment for those who would want to post their preference but still be anonymous. :)

I agree that most men and women are shameful of admitting that they are into the same sex. If it was morally right, I don't think that anyone would have an issue with reciting to the world that they are lesbian, gay, or bisexual. It's society's fault for making people feel as though they can't be proud of who they are. I am not bisexual or a lesbian but I have many friends who are and it is shameful to know that they are afraid to hold hands with their partner because of the reactions of others. A sexual preference shouldn't be anyone's business and I don't think people should have an opinion on what others do.

Werbung:
I disagree about women being ashamed to admit that they are bisexual. Most women can't wait to tell their lgbt friends that they are , or their boyfriend, because it is seen as somewhat fashionable to be a bisexual girl or a lesbian in today's society. I had this one girl in school constantly flirt with me because she knew I was into girls. She didn't want me an was not genuinely attracted to me, but because I was a girl and she could flirt with me, I was sort of a novelty to her. Plus, I was always good for when there was no male attention. So I was always the next best thing. She always got ignored, because it was perfectly transparent what she was doing.

Now, for men? They are not as comfortable saying that they are bisexual and that is understandable. Men set the standards in this society. Straight men do, anyway. I think that that is one of the reasons why lesbianism is not seen as wrong, and male homosexuality and bisexuality is. straight men like lesbians and bisexual girls, but condemn the men of that nature, and society follows that notion.

Back