• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Foods are affecting your mood

dconklin

I remember reading a while back that different foods can affect your overall well being and how you feel throughout the day, but I just read a nice article today on the local news site. It discussed different foods and the effects on your mood. It also discussed certain foods to avoid and which ones can help you with anxiety and which ones can make you cranky.

It was a very interesting article and I wanted to share it with everybody here and see what you think! It is just an article, no affiliations with anything :)
http://www.wfmz.com/lifestyle/Life-...ood/-/19136886/20600180/-/vbgmvv/-/index.html

Werbung:
I must be really weird. :eek: The article lists my top three *feel good* foods as things to avoid! That would be sugars (how can chocolate possibly be a negative?! hehe), starch, and chips.

Great article, but I'm not sure I have it in me to grab a bell pepper instead of chips when I need a mood lifting pick-me-up. They *do* have the crunchiness in common, but that's where it ends.

Told ya I'm strange... but when I saw the title of this, "foods are affecting your mood" I thought for sure that chocolate would be listed as a good thing as I've read in the past... can't give it up, nope!

I must be really weird. :eek: The article lists my top three *feel good* foods as things to avoid! That would be sugars (how can chocolate possibly be a negative?! hehe), starch, and chips.

Great article, but I'm not sure I have it in me to grab a bell pepper instead of chips when I need a mood lifting pick-me-up. They *do* have the crunchiness in common, but that's where it ends.

Told ya I'm strange... but when I saw the title of this, "foods are affecting your mood" I thought for sure that chocolate would be listed as a good thing as I've read in the past... can't give it up, nope!

Actually chocolate is good for you. Except for some candy bars, chocolate isn't loaded with a ton of sugar either. The same news channel also did a thing about chocolate and the health benefits a while back, but I am not sure where it is now.

I believe chocolate was one of the good mood foods if I remember correctly. I think too that if you snack in moderation, it probably isn't bad. If you do eat a lot of these foods, then it may overall affect you - at least in time.

Wish I could find the article about chocolate, but no need to stop eating it (y)

This is a very interesting article, thank you for sharing it! Some time ago, I gave up on eating sweets and on drinking soda and it's true, I feel much better now. I'm less nervous and more optimistic:) Also, I believe that I look prettier.
But I must add that my boyfriend cooked pasta for me today, he added a lot of cheese and salt to it and although I know that it wasn't a healthy meal, eating it made me very happy. It was so delicious!:D

I have found that certain foods not only put me in a better mood, I also wake up better and have more energy later on if I eat certain foods. One of the examples is my oatmeal, it has become a staple in my daily diet and I feel that it gives me more energy than anything else can.

Werbung:
Chocolate is for sure a mood lifter. I don't remember the specifics, but I was watching the McGill online course Food for Thought, and they talked about how chocolate sends positive signals to the brain.

More than picking out positive foods, going for a run or any kind of exercise will also do the trick -- making you feel less tired, more energetic, happier.

More clear minded.

An actual experts don't really give into this "miracle" food business. They believe in good diet.

Back